Cayenne for deworming?

Duck_Duck_Goose

Songster
5 Years
Jul 23, 2018
While searching the Google I came across this in an article about natural remedies for chickens and ducks:
‘Cayenne pepper burns parasites that make their way into the digestive system. Simply add half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper to your chicken feed as a natural way to deworm them.’
Has anyone tried this with their ducks?

The best thing for deworming is dewormer. Most natural products may (thats a strong may, they usually don't work at all) deworm but it won't kill the egg's of the worms. So you'll never get rid of them.
What dewormer would be safe and recommended?

In most cases, Waterfowl are seldom affected by worms in the first place, so it's not as big as a problem with something like chickens.

If you ever do need to worm them, I would suggest SafeGaurd Liquid Goat Dewormer or Valabazen. If treating Tapes, Equimax.

The safeguard Dose for ducks, is , 0.23ml per pound, once a day for five days.

The Valbazen dose, is, 0.08ml per pound, once, then again in ten days.

The Equimax dose is, 0.03ml, once, then in ten days.

In most cases, Waterfowl are seldom affected by worms in the first place, so it's not as big as a problem with something like chickens.

If you ever do need to worm them, I would suggest SafeGaurd Liquid Goat Dewormer or Valabazen. If treating Tapes, Equimax.

The safeguard Dose for ducks, is , 0.23ml per pound, once a day for five days.

The Valbazen dose, is, 0.08ml per pound, once, then again in ten days.

The Equimax dose is, 0.03ml, once, then in ten days.
Thank you so very much. Your replies to my MANY questions of late have been invaluable.
I’ve not seen any worms in our newly adopted ducklings ‘gifts’ but will be gathering and sending off samples for testing just to be sure.

While searching the Google I came across this in an article about natural remedies for chickens and ducks:
‘Cayenne pepper burns parasites that make their way into the digestive system. Simply add half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper to your chicken feed as a natural way to deworm them.’
Has anyone tried this with their ducks?
Simply not true, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom