Cayuga drakes

This does not sound like a good match to me. You're going to end up with a lot of drakes if you are breeding ducks and sooner or later you are probably going to have to deal with this unpleasantness.

That's true, especially if you are unable to readily sell or re-home the drakes, then you'll be left with excess for the ducks. Eventually that unpleasant end would be visited

The isolation therapy will start this weekend. While he's isolated, I'll integrate the magpie ducklings. Do you have any suggestions as to how long he should remain in isolation? I hope it works. He really is sweet to people. Once you catch him, he calms immediately and never scratches or struggles. He mellows out and just chills. It's just his aggression towards Lenore that I'm worried about.

Try a week for a start, then bring him back. On the other hand you can isolate Lenore for a limited period if upon the reintegration he is still aggressive towards her.

Try a week for a start, then bring him back. On the other hand you can isolate Lenore for a limited period if upon the reintegration he is still aggressive towards her.
Okie dokie. Thanks for your input! I've attached a pic... Of course, he's the pretty one in the back.

Back
Top Bottom