Cayuga duck biting own foot/Tiny Hole

Jun 5, 2020
My 3 month old Cayuga female is biting at her own foot when in her pool. I picked her up today (no small feat) and saw that she has one TINY pin hole in her webbing. After reading some posts here, it's possible that it could be an ant bite or maybe she just stepped on something. I'm not as concerned about that (unless you tell me I should be), but I noticed that she was swimming in circles in her pool trying to get at her foot.

Does ants seem like the issue? Seems logical that she would be trying to bite at an itchy spot. Poor thing. I have seen a few ants (2 or 3) in the duck house.

I'm a little worried it could be a sign of bumblefoot although, I am not seeing this as a symptom (mostly limping, which she is not doing). I checked her feet and I noticed some spots that look callused but not swollen per se and definitely no black center.

No pics until husband gets home.

Thank you in advance.

My 3 month old Cayuga female is biting at her own foot when in her pool. I picked her up today (no small feat) and saw that she has one TINY pin hole in her webbing. After reading some posts here, it's possible that it could be an ant bite or maybe she just stepped on something. I'm not as concerned about that (unless you tell me I should be), but I noticed that she was swimming in circles in her pool trying to get at her foot.

Does ants seem like the issue? Seems logical that she would be trying to bite at an itchy spot. Poor thing. I have seen a few ants (2 or 3) in the duck house.

I'm a little worried it could be a sign of bumblefoot although, I am not seeing this as a symptom (mostly limping, which she is not doing). I checked her feet and I noticed some spots that look callused but not swollen per se and definitely no black center.

No pics until husband gets home.

Thank you in advance.
If it’s in the webbing I wouldn’t worry about it! I find holes in my ducks webbing a lot and I just leave them and it should go away!

Back
Top Bottom