cayuga duck thread

Pics
I have two Cayuga ducks, the are bossy ladies! I love them. I've read that they are a threatened livestock breed, which is a shame since they are so beautiful. My ladies are pretty good layers too, more than my household can put to use anyway.
I am really interested in learning about and getting involved in the conservation and promotion of Cayugas, anyone out there know about such things? Im in Oregon, and I live in town, or else I think I'd have an acre of ducks!

I have been thinking about ordering from a hatchery but I heard shipping is really expensive and there is a minimum order... was it expensive when you ordered from a hatchery?

I just made a Co-op order with two other lady's. We each only wanted a few ducks but all of us together made the cheaper shipping. ($10) witch we split.
I putt out an add on Facebook and Craigslist. You could try that.

Last edited:
happylife05 they should be I did not sex them when they were hatched. moma is very protective of her kids. I have 3 older ones I is black one grey and 1 is a very pretty brown. the black is showing male traits they are still to young to tell. those guys are going to my neighbors tomorrow. I have to many drakes my little KC wants to fight them all .
here are the kids growing so fast. moma is one smart duck I will say that.

Can anyone give me the measurements of a full size female cayuga duck? I am wanting to a duck diaper made for her she is 4 almost 5wks old i dont want tp buy a duckling diaper when she is almost full grown but i dont know the measmeasurements a full grown oneto have the duck diaper custom made. If anyone can help me it would be perfect. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I don't have house ducks but I do have Cayugas. None of them are the exact same size. Last years ducks range from about 6 lbs up to about 9 pounds. This years ducklings range from about 3 lbs up to about 6 lbs (Just eyeballing these girls. I haven't been weighing them).

Maybe one of the Etsy duck diaper stores can help estimate/pick a size?

My super sweet and lovely Fiona, 8 1/2 wks old and just the most wonderful creature! Love her to bits!

Back
Top Bottom