Cayuga ducks???

My Cayuga female doesn't quack a real lot, but when she does, it's LOUD. For those of you who were around in the mid/late 1960s, think of Burgess Meredith as "The Penguin" on the old "Batman" television series.

"HWA-HWA-WA-WA-WA!!!!!!"
lol.png

I'm so far I have one whistler and one quacker. But they are only 6 weeks old. I do have s question, though. Will they always freak out when I have to leave them to go in the house? Or walk away anywhere out of their sight? The tan one is loud!

My muscovy dont make a noise at all. The only concern is flight (which I dont see how since they are so big) So we just clip their wings

I'm so far I have one whistler and one quacker. But they are only 6 weeks old. I do have s question, though. Will they always freak out when I have to leave them to go in the house? Or walk away anywhere out of their sight? The tan one is loud!

Yeah.... pretty much. Or when you come into sight. It's why I switched to muscovies. We were being held hostage in our house because the silly things would quack like crazy when they saw us walking around in the kitchen and dining room (even though they were set almost half an acre back.) Obviously our neighbors did not like that. So we had to stoop when we walked around and not turn on any lights in the house. During the day when they would free-range, they'd also come to our patio sliding doors and just stare inside to look for us. If they saw us they would set up the unholy quacking again.

They're very endearing and I loved them and if I didn't have neighbors, I wouldn't have minded the noise.

Yeah.... pretty much. Or when you come into sight. It's why I switched to muscovies. We were being held hostage in our house because the silly things would quack like crazy when they saw us walking around in the kitchen and dining room (even though they were set almost half an acre back.) Obviously our neighbors did not like that. So we had to stoop when we walked around and not turn on any lights in the house. During the day when they would free-range, they'd also come to our patio sliding doors and just stare inside to look for us. If they saw us they would set up the unholy quacking again. 

They're very endearing and I loved them and if I didn't have neighbors, I wouldn't have minded the noise. 

So funny! We are going through the same thing! I love them and could care less about the quacking, but my neighbors might. The pacing back and forth in front of the screen door is a little disconcerting though. Hehe. Thank you for your reply. Good to know, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom