Cayuga pictures

Got my Cayuga from Ideal! She's already an escape artist and is quite a little biter. My only concern is that she has a very prominent yellow bib, though honestly I'm not really sure what is typical of Cayuga duckling. Is this what they normally look like? (Sorry for bad pictures, she doesnt want to sit still at all. She's got the zoomies lol.)
IMG_2396.JPG
IMG_2399.JPG
IMG_2400.JPG

Hello All, I am new to the group and I have a question about this breed. Is this breed considerably a bit more quiet than other breeds? Thanks in advance!

Got my Cayuga from Ideal! She's already an escape artist and is quite a little biter. My only concern is that she has a very prominent yellow bib, though honestly I'm not really sure what is typical of Cayuga duckling. Is this what they normally look like? (Sorry for bad pictures, she doesnt want to sit still at all. She's got the zoomies lol.)View attachment 1419165 View attachment 1419166 View attachment 1419167

My cayuga duckling was all black. But also she was my duckling (is still my duck) with the most zoomies so that sounds right :)

Hello All, I am new to the group and I have a question about this breed. Is this breed considerably a bit more quiet than other breeds? Thanks in advance!

Hello! I'm new to the breed too, but the reason I got a cayuga was because I heard they're a 'calmer' natured breed! Though maybe someone here with adult cayugas will have better input haha.

Got my Cayuga from Ideal! She's already an escape artist and is quite a little biter. My only concern is that she has a very prominent yellow bib, though honestly I'm not really sure what is typical of Cayuga duckling. Is this what they normally look like? (Sorry for bad pictures, she doesnt want to sit still at all. She's got the zoomies lol.)View attachment 1419165 View attachment 1419166 View attachment 1419167
Mine didn’t have quite as much yellow on the bib. But yes, I wouldn’t worry about it. I’ve also had some who were all black as ducklings.

Hello! I'm new to the breed too, but the reason I got a cayuga was because I heard they're a 'calmer' natured breed! Though maybe someone here with adult cayugas will have better input haha.
Yes. Mine are more calm and quiet than my Pekins. Although I don’t think mine get very loud at all. I have 12 Pekins and cayugas. Every now and again they will all honk together. But my neighbors 1 dog makes more noise than all of mine combined.

Mine didn’t have quite as much yellow on the bib. But yes, I wouldn’t worry about it. I’ve also had some who were all black as ducklings.
Thanks for the response on it! Regardless of if it turns out to be a cayuga or even cayuga mutt or something I definately plan on keeping her. I raise ducks as pets so I'm not too concerned on appearance (in terms of breed standard) as long as they're healthy and happy. Glad to hear that she's likely what she is supposed to be though! I love the shiny green on Cayugas. I also think how the female ducks age is really interesting. I've seen lots of pictures of them gaining white feathers as they age and they're super pretty.

I have one Cayuga and two Welsh Harlequins and the cayuga is certainly the most boisterous and least trusting of the three, and tends to be the one that starts the whole group into thinking I'm going to eat them up. But, since I don't have any real experience with less calm ducks, I can't say. I often remind Sonia (the Cayuga) how lucky she is to be beautiful because she isn't very nice!

Is that a call duck in the last picture? They are so cute!
Yep, Didn't mean to post her but she's one of my all black call ducks~ I've got a whole bunch of other colors but the black call ducks are probably my favorites.. (Besides the pencileds) They're stupid friendly and follow me all other the place, The drakes will even let me pick them up, And the nice thing about them is that they don't eat much either ;)

Back
Top Bottom