Was wondering are cc only coops worth buying

2. Messipaw

Messipaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2013
    What are CC only coops?

3. darina

darina Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2014
    I had to google it. CC Only is a brand of pre-fab coops. I love looking, but I hate spending the money.

4. Hokum Coco

Hokum Coco Overrun With Chickens

Dec 6, 2012
    New Brunswick,Canada
    [​IMG]
    As shown: $2,045.00
    The Coop DeVille is a 4'x4' Chicken Coop with a full side & bottom run for a total footprint of 4'x8'.
    As shown price includes:

• Three nest Nest Box
    • One venting window that open from the outside of the chicken coop for easy use.
    • Two ventilation doors that open from the outside of the chicken coop for easy use.
    • 1" x 1" vinyl coated predator proof screening over all windows & vents.
    • Ramp up to chicken coop door
    • All EZ Clean brand features below.
    • One color wall paint & one color trim paint
    • Free Shipping in contiguous United States

•Please see add-on features below•
    Coop Dimensions
    Length: 98"
    Width (Vent Sides): 48"

with nest box: 62"
    Height: 86"

[​IMG]

- See more at: http://www.ezcleancoops.com/coop-deville-chicken-coop?#sthash.6W9440kM.dpuf

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  5. Messipaw

Messipaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2013
    Thank you

6. CrazyTalk

CrazyTalk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2014
    The problem with any mail order coop is that a very significant portion of the price is going to be baked in shipping. They're going to be too small, and too expensive for most people.

For $2K, you can go down to lowes and buy a 10x12 stick built shed.

7. Hokum Coco

Hokum Coco Overrun With Chickens

Dec 6, 2012
    New Brunswick,Canada

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  8. RWD

RWD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    Wartrace TN.
    Never, ever, buy a coop from anyone who does not raise chickens..........

1 person likes this.
  9. farmshinder

farmshinder Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2012
    Not worth it. I built one for 350 and it is built to last-nothing fancy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. lily238

lily238 New Egg

May 27, 2016
    I purchased a CC Only coop (cc-53-r1) this past February. Full disclosure, I am totally new to chicken keeping, but here are my thoughts now that the coop is a few months old:

Size - The coop is supposedly designed for 8-12 chickens, which is ridiculous. I have four and they fit comfortably...I think 6 would be pushing it, especially in New Jersey, where they will likely be spending a great deal of time in the coop when its cold out. Take the advertised number, cut it in half, and that's how many birds you will realistically fit in it.

Quality - Yes, the wood is a bit thin. All the prefabricated coops have thin wood. To get around this, you either have to spend a thousand plus dollars, make it yourself, or work with what you have. I ended up painting the coop with insulating exterior house paint (google it), and so far it's working great. The winter may be a different story, but I can always run a heat lamp and/or insulate with cardboard. I'm sure my chickens won't freeze to death. Also, the quality may be an issue if you have an extreme climate (rain, wind), or are planning on moving it as a tractor. But for assembling it and leaving it be, I think it should hold up for a few years at least.

Design - The design is pretty good. My only real complaint is that there's no way to really get IN THERE to clean it. You can pull out the tray, which is fantastic, but to fix or adjust anything inside, I have to contort my shoulders through the little door. I'm 5'5'' and 130 so by no means a large person, but if I was much larger, I don't think I would fit at all. Makes things difficult. But for everyday care, it's fine. The run doors are plenty big to get a rake in and out. The ventilation is nice - there's maybe a two-inch gap between the roof and the coop so moisture can escape (and extension cords can be run). The sliding window is a nice touch for extra airflow. The door to the run opens and closes easily.

Overall impression - I'm happy with the coop. I'm glad I read other reviews and got one that was 'bigger' than I needed (hah, yeah right). The girls are comfortable, it's easy to clean, and oh my goodness, is it ADORABLE. I could seriously stare at it all day. It's that cute. Which is good if you have neighbors, because they have to look at it too. It's a beautiful and functional addition to any backyard. Just keep in mind that you're not getting something that will last for 20 years or will be suitable for extreme circumstances. For the majority of small-scale chicken owners, its fine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by