CC roberts

Welcome to BYC - so glad to have you joining us! Since you mention looking forward to gaining some knowledge, might I suggest a stop by The Learning Center https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center - I think a person could spend days in there reading up on all the great articles that are available on just about any subject one could want to learn about regarding poultry keeping

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Last edited:
thank you so much.
there is one question I'd like to ask at this time
and that is what other breeds of chickens do well in free range cages that will sit and have their little peeps.
I find the speckled game does really well for me but would like to try another.

thank you so much.
there is one question I'd like to ask at this time
and that is what other breeds of chickens do well in free range cages that will sit and have their little peeps.
I find the speckled game does really well for me but would like to try another.

I am not quite following your question - free range and cage are pretty well mutually exclusive terms. Can you explain a little more just what it is you are wanting to know?

my birds are kept in a bottomless cage and I move that cage everyday for they can get fresh grass my question is is there any other breed that can stand to have their caged moved every day and still have chicks and get broody???

Back
Top Bottom