Cell phone as spy???

the bottom line is...the mother does NOT have to let the 9 year old have it in HER house....
wink.png

hide.gif
my 9 year old has one. He's had it for 2 years.
hide.gif

OK there is a story behind my son having the cell, and he never needs it NOW. but lines got crossed when we were living in CA - his grandmother was to go to our house and wait for him after school one day. She went to our house and he was not there - she didn't call us, didn't do anything, she just waited - for HOURS.

When we found out he was missing we were in a huge panic. we found him still at school, he went to the aftercare - but we were still scared and angry and all the rest of it. We got him a phone that weekend. It has come in handy now and then, but for the most part it sits in a kitchen drawer. ($10 a month as part of the family plan, so we just keep it just in case)

Most phones intended for younger children now have a service that allows you to see on a map where the child is, it is for safety. The only time it would be considered an invasion of privacy is if she can prove he gave it to the child to track her movements not the childs. If he has instructed the child to take pictures of mommy and send them to daddy it is an invasion. If he is trying to prove she is unfit by where she takes the children it is not considered an invasion if the children might be in danger.
How do I know this? Steven has had a cell phone since he was 9, he is 17 now. I travel a lot and like to be in contact with my child if he's not with me on something like a business trip. My ex husband tried to sue me saying that I gave Steven a cell phone to keep track of where he is not Steven. The phones didn't have camera's then and only a triangulated locater. But if I called Steven you could hear him in the background screaming at Steven not to tell me where they were that is was none of my business.
My lawyer stood up there and defended me against this garbage and defined very well what is invasion and what is not.
It comes down to the intent with which the child was provided the phone.
If she isn't doing anything wrong or taking them where they shouldn't be she should just get over it and ignore it.

Quote:
I think they can still ping it. Maybe? I think that is part of the reason Obama is being forced to dump his blackberry, cuz "THEY" might be able to find him at any time?
You're right- what 9 year old needs a cell phone?
My 12 yo neice got one...I was like, um...why?? Is she driving yet? Seems to me that is about the only reason a kid that young needs one. I must be old...
christina

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

OH YEAH! And mail it to everyone has that has people in foreign countries so they can run up t he minutes!!
LOVE IT I could prank people in Spain or Portugal or Brazil?
Anyone else?
Christina

I got my phone when I was like 14, nearly 10 years ago now. If I had GPS on my phone, I'd network it with my friends and we could all track each other!!! Like a friends track list on a google map.

Back
Top Bottom