Cell phone companies are crooks

I have WHAT in my yard?

Songster
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
Eggberg, PA
each and every one of them, I swear.
rant.gif

My wonderful darling husband wanted us to upgrade to the same phones. He hated his blackberry. And since we have Macs at home he wanted to get an iphone.

So he went out and bought two - one for him one for me.
hmm.png
Seriously, I wasn't sure I wanted it. I did not feel like dealing with the learning curve of a new phone.

Everyone swore it would be easy. Switching everything over would be a piece of cake.

Then sadly, they discovered that they could not transfer any of my contacts (over 500) or my pictures (a couple hundred at least) to the new phone. "Go back to Verizon" they said, we don't have the right software.

Verizon says, "We don't have the right hardware and At&T is lying to you."

And so it goes. Both companies pointing at the other, me struggling to do my job without my contact list, grieving my lost photos.......
somad.gif

DH feeling guilty that his gift backfired on me.

I hate them all.
smack.gif
smack.gif
smack.gif

Get them both on the line together in a 3-way conference call
ep.gif
sit back and let them duke it out while they try to fix your issues.
pop.gif
I have learned to not let DH make technological choices for me. They are always wrong; I adore him, but we do not have the same wants, needs or perceptions when it comes to technology.

As far as I was aware AT&T is the only carrier for the Iphone currently, but Iphone is looking into both T-moble and Verizon. Who ever sold your husband the phones should have told him who the carrier was. Sorry you lost your photos and contacts.

That sucks, just wait for all the bills that come associated with the iphone. DO go check NOW with the "introductory" things that you are auto signed up for and sign off before you get that extra 60 on top of your 150+ monthly bill.

As for contacts and photos... I duplicate contacts on an excel spreadsheet in case something happens on the phone, and photos... unless I want to pay for media transfers, figure they are for the moment only and grab a digi cam instead.

Verizon is the one that's lying...believe me. I switched from AT&T and was told "Oh! There won't be an issue switching this over!" So...they lost all of my contacts.

As for the photos, I would save them onto your computer, seriously. It's gonna be really hard to transfer them unless you can bluetooth them to the new phone. (You don't need to have an active account in order to bluetooth info to your new phone.)

If you have a memory card in your old phone, save the contacts that you do have onto your computer in a file. Load that file onto your new phone from the computer, OR you can send the files via bluetooth from your old phone to your new one.

I went from the BB to the G2 on T-mobile, and I'm dilirious. Heaven. It's only $150 w/ a new contract and better than the iphone imo. It isn't the same $$$ per month, either. If you can switch, using the 14 day buyer's remorse period, I would.

If you can, you go back to your old carrier and have them put a live sim in your BB and upload all of your contacts to GOOGLE SYNC which is free for BB on the Google site.. Then you can put the iphone Gmail app on and it will sync them all to the iphone. It is the only way I know of.

Last edited:
I agree! Clark Howard says at some point hopefully soon they will be about the same price as the home phone. Until then....
he.gif

Thats a bummer
hmm.png

When i get a new phone i write all my contacts down if its a new sim card and stuff... and puts the pics on a micro SD memory card.... but if its the same sim card i just save my contacts to the sim and then put it in my new phone.. tadah contacts already there

AT&T an Verizon have two completely different setups. I'm not surprised they cant transfer them over for ya. You can do it manually threw your old phone though. Connect threw bluetooth an tell it to send contacts. It will take a long while with 500 of them.

Back
Top Bottom