Cemani

Quote:
Hi Eifelhexe

Looking forward to seeing pictures soon.
big_smile.png

Long Horn Poultry Farm

the first one hatched
wee.gif

i never sat that long staring at an egg waiting for that chicken to hatch lol.
and i never seen such a black baby chick
smile.png

3 more are really moving inside and almost out, the other 3 i see no cracks
sad.png

well here is one pic right after the hatch

Picture25-1.jpg

only 4 hatched
hmm.png

2 of them are all black and the other 2 have yellow feathers on the belly and the face is not black either (but very cute anyways)
smile.png

so i assume either this guy sneaked some wrong eggs in there or he mixed in another breed to avoid inzest maybe.
well at least i have 2 and maybe i get lucky and its a hen and a rooster.
i asked him per email how this could be, but no answer so far
sad.png

Picture44.jpg

Picture34.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
big_smile.png
CONGRATS!!!
smile.png
They are beautiful and precious!!!
At least you are blessed with two.
I am just starting my black (Cemani) project. Any help or advice will be appreciated from everyone.

Last edited:
they seller just called me up and told me that he mixed them with a breed called Tomaru to avoid inzest.
i think my Neighbors will be very happy with me when one of those non black ones turnes out to be a rooster like that lol

Heres another couple of pictures of the hatch they are about 31/2 months old now still not sure what gender they are but I would expect cockerels to have a larger comb looking at the finished bird but whatever they are they are same sex as they are identical.Mt second batch of eggs again only produced 2 chicks doing well but I hope I can make a pair up
25247_photo0701.jpg
25247_photo0722.jpg
25247_photo0719.jpg
25247_photo0718.jpg

Your Cemani are very beautiful birds!!! You are very blessed and I have enjoyed looking at your \\pictures! Best wishes to your flock!
jumpy.gif

Tingle, it looks like you have two roosters and a hen. Let us know if they have longer crows than usual.
Just as a reminder, I will be breeding a fibromelanistic rooster to some of my Tomaru hens later on so some of you guys can get a start in the pseudo-cemani project (just trying to make some from scratch here in the US)
Anyone interested in eggs please send me a PM.

Hi wclawrence there are only 2 cemani the one where they are on the perch and you just see the back end is a cross silkie from my chocolate silkie project.Do you think the headshot is a rooster (both birds are identical) darn!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom