Central Missouri

Well, I evidently lost the link, but here's what I remember:

Get a square post office box and a smaller one to fit inside it caddy corner. If you cannot do that, just double box with bubble wrap in between. Layer bubble wrap on the bottom until it's quite cushy. Wrap each egg in one or two layers of bubble wrap, attaching the ends with the handy stickers the priority shipping stuff (if you're in the US) has. Don't worry about the whole 'eggs need to breathe' malarkey. If you're shipping a larger quantity of eggs, put the first layer down, pack shredded paper around them, and put several more layers of bubble wrap down. Do the 2nd layer, leaving enough room at the top for MORE bubble wrap. Pack the whole thing securely without leaving gaps for the eggs to jostle in. Tape the lid on the inner box closed, make sure the padding around it and box 2 is firm, then stick more bubble wrap wherever you can and tape box 2 closed.
Now, labelling. Some put stickers on every side of the box saying 'hatching eggs' 'this side up' and 'fragile'. Some say that makes them a target for surly workers and put 'fragile, syrup in glass' on instead. Personally, I haven't noticed a difference, but maybe y'all have more psychos in your mailing system down there?

Hope that helps. If I can clear anything else up let me know.

Well, I evidently lost the link, but here's what I remember:

Get a square post office box and a smaller one to fit inside it caddy corner. If you cannot do that, just double box with bubble wrap in between. Layer bubble wrap on the bottom until it's quite cushy. Wrap each egg in one or two layers of bubble wrap, attaching the ends with the handy stickers the priority shipping stuff (if you're in the US) has. Don't worry about the whole 'eggs need to breathe' malarkey. If you're shipping a larger quantity of eggs, put the first layer down, pack shredded paper around them, and put several more layers of bubble wrap down. Do the 2nd layer, leaving enough room at the top for MORE bubble wrap. Pack the whole thing securely without leaving gaps for the eggs to jostle in. Tape the lid on the inner box closed, make sure the padding around it and box 2 is firm, then stick more bubble wrap wherever you can and tape box 2 closed.
Now, labelling. Some put stickers on every side of the box saying 'hatching eggs' 'this side up' and 'fragile'. Some say that makes them a target for surly workers and put 'fragile, syrup in glass' on instead. Personally, I haven't noticed a difference, but maybe y'all have more psychos in your mailing system down there?

Hope that helps. If I can clear anything else up let me know.
Great. Thanks! I'm not sure about the employees, but I've also heard that coloring it helps?

Okay, ummm... what do you do with moulted feathers? I have a 'feather pot' that I put the nice ones in.
received_10207079128055153.jpeg

Thats really pretty! :)

Honestly, I do nothing...
I've been thinking of doing something creative/crafty this or next year but haven't gotten around to it.
Shame on you, Human. We worked hard to grow those and you let them drift off in the wind like... well, like feathers?
Let me see... you could get a pen-making kit and make dip-pens out of them, maybe sell a few. Some people paint them wild colors and sell them as cowboy hat decorations, but I haven't found a good dying method yet...

Shame on you, Human. We worked hard to grow those and you let them drift off in the wind like... well, like feathers?
Let me see... you could get a pen-making kit and make dip-pens out of them, maybe sell a few. Some people paint them wild colors and sell them as cowboy hat decorations, but I haven't found a good dying method yet...
Possibly?

Back
Top Bottom