Central Ok - 2 handsome (1.5 year old) pet male pekins need home

chickmommar

Songster
12 Years
Jun 7, 2007
Central SC (recently central OK)
I place ducks and geese for a rehab center (wildcareoklahoma.org) and we have 2 pekin boys who have always been together, living in a backyard with a family who loved them. The family could no longer care for them and asked us to find them a home. They are healthy handsome fellas, used to being without girl ducks (although I'm sure they'd love to live WITH girl ducks too). I'm looking for a good home for them where they will not be dinner for people or predators. Please contact me if interested.

In the spring we get many domestic ducklings and ducks and some domestic geese (as people tire of their Easter purchases). If you'd like to consider adopting at that time, please also feel free to contact me and I can put you on my 'contact' list and email you when the time comes. However, I will ask you to show me (or describe for me) that you have a secure night time place for them, indicate that you do not plan to (or have) a breeding business where you will use them for profit, and ask you what you plan to do with them (eating them is not acceptable for us for these birds that come through the rescue). I'm happy to answer questions. Ducklings require heat like chicks do, ducks require security like chickens do, ducks do not require a pond and although they'd love a kiddy pool or tub for swimming, it's not a necessity. They do require a bucket or something deep enough to dunk their heads and clean their eyes each day (as do geese). We don't ship them but I can usually drive them an hour or so to meet up with an adopter. We are in the Norman area. Thank you.
[email protected]

Hello!

I am VERY interested. I have a mama and 4 baby girls and a drake breed/hatched naturally here in Shawnee. Unfortunately, their daddy flew away! I know, strange- he wasn't real bright. We have a couple acres, a bunch of kids, chickens, dogs, cats, goats and a guard donkey and mule. The ducks get locked up each night in their own coop that is in our backyard in the middle of the property.

Let me know if we seem like a good home for them

Thanks,
Tara

Tara - YES! I will try to message you to get details on where and when we can get them to you. Thanks very much. I should mention that pekins are quite a bit bigger than mallards, although these are not real large for pekins and domestic mallards also vary a lot in size. Great, thanks.
-Marlys
[email protected]

I live in Skiatook, OK, and have a female pekin duck who lost her mate. I am fenced well, now, and would love to have a male or males. I will need another female if you think it is necessary. Where in OK are you?

Aw, I'm so sorry about your pekin losing her mate. Someone else just offered a home for these two fellas but we get more ducks year round and I'd be happy to get in touch when I have more to place. However, if your pekin girl is your only duck, she will certainly be lonely and I'd hate to have her waiting. I have a friend who does duck rescue in Pawnee and would be happy to see if she has someone to place at this point so your girl duck won't have to be alone. PM me if you want to talk about that - I'm sure she'd want to know how you keep the ducks safe at night time and what happened to your pekin. Thank you for offering a home; I'll be desperate to find homes soon so I always hate to miss out on an opportunity! I'm in the Norman area.

I live in Skiatook, OK, and have a female pekin duck who lost her mate. I am fenced well, now, and would love to have a male or males. I will need another female if you think it is necessary. Where in OK are you?

I have a lovely drake that I'd like to rehome. He was hatched Aug 22nd. He's half Mallard, half Indian runner. I know that sounds like a funny combo but he's beautiful! Would you be interested?

Wonderful! Did you respond to the 'Drake in Shawnee' post too? Just checking as i dont want to get confused. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom