Central Oregon

I am east of Klamath Falls and just lost my goose to a pair of American Buffs :( . The gander is absolutely heartbroken so I need to find him a buddy ASAP. If anyone is interested in giving up a extra goose (I really don't care which sex at this point), I will pay whatever and willing to travel!! I would just prefer one that is friendly to humans as there are kids around them frequently.

Thank you so much!

P.S. Love that I just found a CO thread!

Hi,

I need a companion chick for a 1-ish day old marans/leghorn hybrid chick whose siblings didn't hatch. I live in Deschutes River Woods south of Bend. Does anyone have or know of someone with 1-3 day old chicks? I'm not picky on the breed. We raise our chickens for eggs and as pets, so your chick will be well taken care of!

Thank you!

Sara

Hoping to revive this Central Oregon thread! Mainly because it was going so well...then poof!
On a more recent topic, the weather has gotten warm! But the old timers think the snow is coming back. Any guesses?
Most recently though, and a bit troubling....
The person I was going to give my beautiful EE (white and black with green/blue black tail feathers classic coloring) rooster decided he would have one too many roosters..
Does anyone remotely close wish to save Lurch from becoming dinner? He is virile, sweet, and just at 18.5 weeks...and his crowing just got started. I am in the city limits...:( Or we would love to keep him.
Any timely response and I will more than half way work with you!!

Eggusta in Bend

Last edited:
Hoping to revive this Central Oregon thread!  Mainly because it was going so well...then poof!
On a more recent topic, the weather has gotten warm!  But the old timers think the snow is coming back.  Any guesses?
Most recently though, and a bit troubling....
The person I was going to give my beautiful EE (white and black with green/blue black  tail feathers classic coloring) rooster decided he would have one too many roosters..
Does anyone remotely close wish to save Lurch from becoming dinner? He is virile, sweet, and just at 18.5 weeks...and his crowing just got started.  I am in the city limits...:( Or we would love to keep him.
Any timely response and I will more than half way work with you!!

Eggusta in Bend

Did anyone save your rooster? I'm new to chickens and excited about my 3 week old chicks! I think I ended up with one rooster though. How many do you have?
It's March now and the weather did turn cold again!
1f621.png
I need to work on my coop this weekend and would love some sunshine!

North Central OR here, brand new to chicken raising, but excited to begin to use the massive coop our new-to-us farm homestead came with. Seriously - it was built as a 5-star hen resort, but has been neglected for years. There are 14 nesting boxes and as many rows to roost! Also has a fully enclosed run!

First pic is part way through our mucking-out-spree. It's all cleaned out now and ready to disinfect and (eventually) house some hens!

I currently have 4 chicks that are 2.5 weeks-ish old and a shipment of 10+ babies coming tomorrow. Prepping to move the whole crew to a larger brooder (old horse through) setup in the coop with heat lamps. Admittedly, I'm nervous to put them in the coop so soon, (even with heat lamps and a small heated hover), since we lost two chicks already. But I'm told by all the locals chicken folks that they'll be fine.
1f62c.png
How do you all handle chicks/brooder/COR temperatures?

Also wondering if anybody in a more rural setting covered their run? I know they won't be out in the run for quite a few weeks, but I'm really debating that, since so many people free-range and do fine? How do I know if I need one?

But mostly checking in and saying hi!

Back
Top Bottom