Chainlink fencing to wrap chicken run

hlhutchinson

Songster
5 Years
Aug 26, 2015
Casper Wyo
we gave some extra chain link fencing will that work to wrap around the outside run, then what it does not cover use hardware cloth? Or is hardware cloth best for the entire thing?

Last edited:
Chicken wire will not keep predators out.
Could you post a picture of this run area?
You may be able to add the hardwire around the bottom...up a few feet.

IMG_7356.JPG
Chicken wire will not keep predators out.
Could you post a picture of this run area?
You may be able to add the hardwire around the bottom...up a few feet.
We have another set of 2x4 to go up. The fencing will not be tall enough to cover the walls. The roof will be shingles's

You could use the chainlink for the upper half of the whole run..
maybe add a few boards of wood to the bottom half. And use the hardwire to make a skirt around the entire run.
(skirt meaning have it come up the side of the walls a foot and bury it a few inches and out...think L shape)

You could use the chainlink for the upper half of the whole run..
maybe add a few boards of wood to the bottom half. And use the hardwire to make a skirt around the entire run.
(skirt meaning have it come up the side of the walls a foot and bury it a few inches and out...think L shape)
Perfect that's what we where thinking, nice to know we are on the right track :)

we gave some extra chain link fencing will that work to wrap around the outside run, then what it does not cover use hardware cloth? Or is hardware cloth best for the entire thing?

I use hardware cloth to keep as many critters out as possible.

Not sure what predators you might have. Mine being in my backyard I wasn't worried about predators till my dog didn't like the chickens sticking their heads out of the run. Added chicken wire to my 2x4 welded wire fencing to keep the chickens in.

Back
Top Bottom