Challenge: Hatching The Impossible!!!!!

Pics
Here's the one of the eggs. They're alittle bigger then a quarter.
20200702_200432.jpg

Following... can’t wait to see what happens! Good luck! I had a much smaller egg I incubated this year and she hatched perfectly, with everyone else. She’s a showgirl, and still smaller than her siblings; but is probably even tougher than the bigger ones! This is Cricket... my partridge (I think),View attachment 2224235View attachment 2224236View attachment 2224237View attachment 2224238View attachment 2224239View attachment 2224240 showgirl. She’s the dark brown one in the pics. Good luck!!!
So, cute.

They're from my mom's Silver Duckwing OEGB pullet. If you have any new layers, give it a shot?

So obviously the chicks will hatch extra-small, because of having to fit in a tiny egg.
But will it change the mature size of the birds, as compared with others from the same parents but from bigger eggs?

Anyone ever hatched the pullet eggs and later the mature eggs from the same hen, and compared the final sizes of the birds?

So obviously the chicks will hatch extra-small, because of having to fit in a tiny egg.
But will it change the mature size of the birds, as compared with others from the same parents but from bigger eggs?

Anyone ever hatched the pullet eggs and later the mature eggs from the same hen, and compared the final sizes of the birds?
We'll see what happens. But that's a good question.

I'm gonna do a Pre Candling of the eggs, & let you guys know how many are fertile.
I look for a small orange red sphere in the egg which is the beginnings of the embryo.

I'm gonna do a Pre Candling of the eggs, & let you guys know how many are fertile.
I look for a small orange red sphere in the egg which is the beginnings of the embryo.
You can see stuff at day 1? Sometimes I see meat spots but that's all I can ever see. The fastest I could see signs of life was on day 3 with a white quail egg.

Back
Top Bottom