Gol_D_Roger

In the Brooder
Jul 23, 2021
I've been doing a little research and found out that eurasian doves lay 1-2 fertile eggs per clutch, one of my hens layed 3 eggs and the other layed 4 (about 2 weeks ago) I went to check on them a bit ago and saw that one of my hens layed 4 eggs again and the other hen is roosting so I can't see how many she has yet. I know this is a 1 in a million rare event that my birds have been so productive, I wouldn't expect any less from my flock 😉
20210702_175201.jpg

I’d guess you have a pair of two females instead of one overly productive hen :) thisis quite common in pigeons and doves
Yeah not sure where you got that info from but you're very mistaken, its extremely uncommon for Eurasian doves to lay more than 2 eggs per clutch sometimes they only lay 1! Also both of my hens are paired and being serviced so all the eggs are fertile they're golden champion birds that's why they're so productive.

Yeah not sure where you got that info from but you're very mistaken, its extremely uncommon for Eurasian doves to lay more than 2 eggs per clutch sometimes they only lay 1! Also both of my hens are paired and being serviced so all the eggs are fertile they're golden champion birds that's why they're so productive.
I meant that it’s common for pigeons and doves to form same sex pairs.

Back
Top Bottom