Change in # of eggs and one hen acting strangely today.

I'm so sorry! If she does die, you could have a necropsy done. Many States do them for free or a small fee on backyard poultry.

OK. I think I am done. I just tried to go in and hold her. She went into severe convulsions, so I just put her down and left the room. I hate to go back in, but am quite sure she is dead. This has totally ruined my day. Thanks for all your help. I just need a good cry now. I left a message with the ag person, so hope to hear something re. necropsy. I am quite nervous now about the other chickens. Thanks so much for all the help and support.

Oh, I'm so sorry. :( Whatever was going on must have been something very bad and there probably wasn't anything you could have done.

Sometimes they don't show symptoms before it's too late. You tried your best to help her. I'm really sorry things turned out this way.

Thank you. Only other chicken lovers understand how I am about this. My neighbors/friends will laugh at me.

Sorry for your loss... The death throes, doesn't matter how many times you experience them, they're always disturbing.

Take care of yourself,
Kathy

Last edited:
Oh, I'm so sorry. :( Whatever was going on must have been something very bad and there probably wasn't anything you could have done.

Sometimes they don't show symptoms before it's too late. You tried your best to help her. I'm really sorry things turned out this way.
X2. Chickens are way too stoic for their own good.

Thank you. Only other chicken lovers understand how I am about this. My neighbors/friends will laugh at me.

I know people don't understand me and my chickens either. I was Crazy Cat Lady before, now I'm also Crazy Chicken Lady.
smile.png

They really do have more personality than people realize, though. The most recent one I nursed back to health absolutely feels more attached to me and trusts me - she runs right up to me when they're out free ranging and I go out there. She didn't do that before she went through her crop problem. She knows I helped her.
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom