Changes...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Suzie, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Suzie

Suzie Overrun With Chickens

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    It is one very sad day for me..this evening one of my 10 day old chicks died..

I have spent in excess of 5 hours trying to save the life of this little one...it is so very hard to see the demise of one so young...changes can be good but right now...I would exchange anything to have my little one safe and alive here in my arms...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I'm so sorry. [​IMG] I know it hurts, but sometimes there is just nothing that can be done. [​IMG]

3. Suzie

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    Thanks! So very true despite our knowledge and best intentions...

p.s. Love your Avatar...made me smile...

4. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    I'm sorry about your chick. I know how sad it is to make great efforts to save a little one, but still lose it.

5. Suzie

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    [​IMG]
    This photograph was taken yesterday ...all five white chicks were fine...today one of the white ones died...it is so very frustrating...they are checked at least ten times a day to ensure they are all fine..such a sudden change...[​IMG][​IMG] I will keep an ever observant eye on the rest of them..eleven little miracles of nature...now ten...

Thanks so much scratch'n'peck...seems you are always there for me when I have sad time...I do so appreciate your comments!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by