changing colors already???

ducklover87

Songster
7 Years
Aug 7, 2012
It seems that my babies are changing colors already and they are as of today 1 week old. Is this normal? The last time I had babies it seems it took longer for them to change colors. They were my Perkins. Right now my 4 Ancona ducklings and my 4 Welsh Harlequin ducklings are changing color. My Anconas are the most noticable. As I've never had these breeds I'm not quite sure what to expect and I know how fast they can grow but still I think its a little early for color change. Any information will be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

It seems that my babies are changing colors already and they are as of today 1 week old. Is this normal? The last time I had babies it seems it took longer for them to change colors. They were my Perkins. Right now my 4 Ancona ducklings and my 4 Welsh Harlequin ducklings are changing color. My Anconas are the most noticable. As I've never had these breeds I'm not quite sure what to expect and I know how fast they can grow but still I think its a little early for color change. Any information will be greatly appreciated! Thanks
smile.png

With out before and after pics to look at,[just an excuse to see pics] I'm sure if they are eating, drinking ,pooping and acting like their normal lil duckling selves it's normal,.
pop.gif

Lol yes they are.. deff pooping lol I don't have any after pics but I have some before.

Kind of hard to tell with the lighting.

Just snuck in an after pic lol

You know ducklings go through so many color phases, I know with my Scovie ducklings it's almost over night how fast they can change, your duckling looks very healthy so just sit back and enjoy the show you have quite a while till you see the finished product. What a cutie.

Thank you. Thanks for the advice. Just wanted to make sure they were OK and nothing was wrong with them. I'm just amazed that they are changing colors so fast. Like I said they are only a week old. :)

Thank you. Thanks for the advice. Just wanted to make sure they were OK and nothing was wrong with them. I'm just amazed that they are changing colors so fast. Like I said they are only a week old.
smile.png

I look forward to seeing pics of them as they grow, it's truly amazing how much they change.

Back
Top Bottom