Changing pool water in winter...

Jul 3, 2020
Hi everyone - hope you’re all well.
So, my one little sweetie really really enjoys her pool ( it is actually really helping her weak leg) so I don’t want to take it away that is for sure - however bc of her weak leg I have landscaping stones in place so that she can get out easily ... they are heavy!! And I keep forgetting how I had them so it takes like an hour to get it all in order -yesterday I decided to sup pump the water out and I washed behind the stones and felt I was able to get a lot of the gunk out ... then we had a huge snow storm and my hoses are under the snow.... and it is COLD!!!
So my question is ...Can they just use the same pool water from yesterday??? I know ducks can be prone to water born illness ... but I don’t think one day in 30 degree weather would be harmful ... but I would like your opinion... please. Thank you .

Hi everyone - hope you’re all well.
So, my one little sweetie really really enjoys her pool ( it is actually really helping her weak leg) so I don’t want to take it away that is for sure - however bc of her weak leg I have landscaping stones in place so that she can get out easily ... they are heavy!! And I keep forgetting how I had them so it takes like an hour to get it all in order -yesterday I decided to sup pump the water out and I washed behind the stones and felt I was able to get a lot of the gunk out ... then we had a huge snow storm and my hoses are under the snow.... and it is COLD!!!
So my question is ...Can they just use the same pool water from yesterday??? I know ducks can be prone to water born illness ... but I don’t think one day in 30 degree weather would be harmful ... but I would like your opinion... please. Thank you .

Attachments

• 98F630B7-321F-434A-8ABE-DB6BD78F8CEF.jpeg
    98F630B7-321F-434A-8ABE-DB6BD78F8CEF.jpeg
    742.9 KB · Views: 16
Even in summer I only change the water every other day. I think they will be ok as long as it's not frozen.
You’ve got a nice setup for them. I think they’ll be okay with the water, didn’t look too dirty to me. Since it’s cold, I doubt any harmful bacteria will grow.
Oh thank you !! I let them out them out this afternoon... lol dirty water and all! They loved it!!

I had one of these for a pool a little bigger and it helped cut back water changes immensely https://www.amazon.ca/Filter-System...ocphy=9000970&hvtargid=pla-487905067870&psc=1 theres tons of pond filter options out there this is just the one I got ahold of. Theres like 3 different sized rock filter cartridges and two layers of mesh in there that you take apart and rinse out

The water will still get dirty since they're on a dirt run and cant resist turning everything to mud, but itll help a bit for those days when you just cant get out there. (just make sure you dont skip the days that you CAN change it cuz you never know when the next good day will come)

Back
Top Bottom