Chantecler chick pictures

coopslave

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 27, 2010
Osoyoos BC Canada
I am new to the breed and I am interested in seeing pictures of all ages of chicks. I am interested in how different they can be with their chick down. I am looking forward to seeing what they look like in all stages of feather growth. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures of your growing Chanties!

There are a couple of Chantecler threads with some pictures. There are also some pictures in the breed description section.

Thanks Tim, I have seen the Chantecler post with all the pictures. I was hoping for some chick pictures with ages attached, but that is ok. Thanks for replying.

Which variety of Chantecler are you interested in seeing? I have pictures of Partridge Chantecler chicks that were once posted here, but have since been removed from my "uploads" section. I might take the time to dig them out if that is what you are interested in, but I don't want to go looking and upload if you're interested in the white variety. :)

Sorry Tim, I should have been more clear. It is the variety of chick down I am seeing in the Partridge Chantecler that I am interested in. I am interested to see what part the chick down plays in the final feathering and if there is any connection to it and the deeper ground colour or the more defined pencilling of the mature birds.
I would appreciate any pictures you may have that are not to difficult to post.
Thanks.

This was 1 Week old
IMG_3500.jpg

This was 2 weeks old(first trip outside)
IMG_3505.jpg

This is 10 weeks old
IMG_3864.jpg

And a 10 week old Partridge with my Daughter\\
IMG_3867.jpg

Here are some Partridge Chantecler chicks from last summer:

13544_chant4.jpg

Sorry, I do not know which are males and females, nor do I know exactly how old they were.

The next two are of chicks that are less than a week old. [Edit: given their wing feathers, maybe this was their one week photo session?]

13544_pchant1.jpg

13544_pchant3.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom