chantecler rooster

cheriann03

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 29, 2014
new hampshire
Hi I'm new to this sight. I have had some rooster trouble. I lost my beautiful Jack ( nh red) to a weasle and then got a new young mixed breed rooster as a rescue, he turned out to be mean, to me and my girls!! Now I have a new "rescue" he had been beaten up by another rooster it was pretty messed up when I got him. I believe he is a Chanticler. He was originally found floating in a river and was rescued by a friend of mine. His name is lucky.

images

Welcome to BYC!

Oh MY! You have had some experiences with the roosters! I am so sorry about the one you lost to a weasel. But your Lucky sure is lucky to have you! Do you have any pics of him? I am sure he is enjoying his time with you.

Make yourself at home here on BYC and if you have any questions, that is what we are here for. Welcome to our flock and enjoy Lucky!

Thanks for the kind words. He seems to be the sweetest and gentlest rooster. He will let me pick him up to check his healing wounds from the fight he was in with the other rooster he was living with previously. He let's me wash his face off and let's me pick up the hens without a fuss. Maybe I'm the Lucky one. Lol

Ok I finally figured out how to post a pic, lol This is Sargent Lucky!!! My avatar. He seems to be a bantam brahma? Im not really sure, but I believe he is a mix because he sure doesn't fall under one description alone. He has feathered legs and a pea comb and is sweet and gentle with me and the girls. He will eat out of my hand and let the little girl down the street pick him up and carry him around and give him kisses. I just love him, I don't care what breed he is, but I am curious if anybody has any ideas.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom