Chantycleer's Story!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Ruby Mia, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Ruby Mia

Ruby Mia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2013
    England
    He is a sultan and was the first chicken I ever had. I get attacked by him every day, but despite his aggressivenss he is a very funny breed! I'm pretty sure he has some kind of brain damage, but he seems very happy taking care of our 9 hens. I read online that sultans are very kind, loving, but Chantycleer is the compleat opposite! He has had crook neck really badly twice and the second time took him to the vets and they offered to put him down, but with some home care a year and a half later (and 6 chicks) he is still here! We came back from our holiday last year and found him with half his face ripped off from two of our chicks we had hatched that had been roosters, but after two surgeries on his eye he is all well again. I only just noticed a couple of days ago that the eye that got damaged, he can't actually shut so he sleeps with one eye open and one closed! I'd say that the sultan is a must have breed!

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    He's cute. The goofy guy has been through a lot. I guess no more cockerels will be allowed to share his space... ouch.

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awwww, poor thing! He's a cutie! Hope he heals up well. [​IMG]

4. Ruby Mia

Ruby Mia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2013
    England
    Thanks! He is cute! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by