charcoal or wood ash

I'm not sure if there's even a difference between stoves. I'm sure mine would burn coal also but coal does burn a lot hotter. My chimney might not be able to handle it. The other chimney was brick and clay, my current one is a more modern one.

I have an outdoor stove that can burn coal and wood. The coal ash I toss, but the wood ash I scoop up and mix it in with their dirt bath...they seem to "know" when there's new ash to roll around in.

Attachments

• 20140830_173932.jpg
    20140830_173932.jpg
    619 KB · Views: 16
  • 20151218_153953.jpg
    20151218_153953.jpg
    453.1 KB · Views: 15
Curious that anyone burns coal for heat anymore......is that common in your area?
Yes, I live in north central PA and there are many coal burning residents up here. Mine is in an outside barn and is piped underground into the house, this heats everything, including hot water. Although coal is a bit pricey in this area so I get it out of town for $205.00 per ton. eeeeek!!

Yes, I live in north central PA and there are many coal burning residents up here. Mine is in an outside barn and is piped underground into the house, this heats everything, including hot water. Although coal is a bit pricey in this area so I get it out of town for $205.00 per ton. eeeeek!!
Ah, interesting, thanks.

no..we have a coal burner...and a fireplace...wood only in the fireplace.
I was asking the OP ;)

Back
Top Bottom