Charlie's Thread

Pics
Umm is it normal for her to be PUKING worms?? They’re not in her poop anymore but this morning she puked. Vet wormed her on Monday..
I got a video of the puke. There’s big worms, baby worms, and slimy stuff in it. And they’re alive.
I am not good at identifying different types of worms.

But I wonder: could she have EATEN those worms, and then puked them up?

I know that dogs like to eat many kinds of things, including poop from other animals. So if she ate poop from a different animal with worms, she might puke up those worms again.

Should I get some dewormer for the other animals?? I cant take every single one to the vet just to get checked (well I could but bringing that many animals is too much). I’ll still take Trixie Monday and run by the feed store for dewormer for the rest.

We are going to the vet tomorrow thank god. She puked in the outside water bucket, worms again. And now I’m scared all of them have worms now :th
A pup that is heavily infested with round worms will often vomit them up. I'm surprised that they are still alive though if she was just wormed. Do you know what kind of dewormer they gave her?
I would definitely deworm everyone.

Should I get some dewormer for the other animals?? I cant take every single one to the vet just to get checked (well I could but bringing that many animals is too much). I’ll still take Trixie Monday and run by the feed store for dewormer for the rest.
For sure deworm any other dogs, but many parasites are species specific so other kinds of animals may not be at risk. You'd have to check on that to be sure.

A pup that is heavily infested with round worms will often vomit them up. I'm surprised that they are still alive though if she was just wormed. Do you know what kind of dewormer they gave her?
I would definitely deworm everyone.
It was thick yellow liquid. Don’t know what kind. And they are definitely alive still. Cannot wait until tomorrow. This has been a mess.

Also, not trying to freak you out any worse than you already are, but be careful because the roundworms that infect dogs are also transmissible to humans. And be aware that any place she has been pooping may now contain roundworm eggs as well.
On Monday the rectal swab showed she had both hook and roundworms at the vet. I have been shoveling up every poop/vomit in the yard.

Back
Top Bottom