Charlotte's Web hemp balm

Dhkoenig

Songster
Sep 21, 2020
Bergen County New Jersey
Hi All - I have read that aquaphor and vaseline and all petroleum products are not good for combs and wattles because they retain moisture and seal it in as opposed to keeping the skin dry. I have heard that Musher's Secret is better but today I couldn't find any and on Friday it is supposed to dip way down again in temps. I found something called Charlotte's Web that is a CBD product that is supposed to be great for dog paws, but not sure about chicken wattles. One of my girls combs looks on the verge of frostbite. Has anyone used this? The ingredients are:
Sunflower seed oil, olive oil, coconut oil, caprylic triglyceride, jojoba, astrocaryum tucuma seed butter,Turmeric, lemon, hemp extract, helichrysum angustifolium (Immortelle) flower oil

Another company has another product for dogs called Well & Good Pro Style. That is Glycine Soja Oil, Beeswax, Lanolin, Castor seed oil, Canaruba wax, Tea tree leaf oil, arnica montana flower extract, comfrey extract, vitamin C

Hi All - I have read that aquaphor and vaseline and all petroleum products are not good for combs and wattles because they retain moisture and seal it in as opposed to keeping the skin dry. I have heard that Musher's Secret is better but today I couldn't find any and on Friday it is supposed to dip way down again in temps. I found something called Charlotte's Web that is a CBD product that is supposed to be great for dog paws, but not sure about chicken wattles. One of my girls combs looks on the verge of frostbite. Has anyone used this? The ingredients are:
Sunflower seed oil, olive oil, coconut oil, caprylic triglyceride, jojoba, astrocaryum tucuma seed butter,Turmeric, lemon, hemp extract, helichrysum angustifolium (Immortelle) flower oil
Photos of comb?
How much ventilation in the coop?
really hard to tell in this picture. Just starting to get a bit purple at ends and today a bit more-so to a darker grey. We have great ventillation - never any fog on the windows etc..I pick out every single poop every day and tons of warm bedding - they get lots of protein and the other girls look good. Here is the best pic I got yesterday but not a great shot

Attachments

• 0uj6f58FR%KsoK28LzH8zw.jpg
    0uj6f58FR%KsoK28LzH8zw.jpg
    508.7 KB · Views: 5
really hard to tell in this picture. Just starting to get a bit purple at ends and today a bit more-so to a darker grey. We have great ventillation - never any fog on the windows etc..I pick out every single poop every day and tons of warm bedding - they get lots of protein and the other girls look good. Here is the best pic I got yesterday but not a great shot
These are just some other random pix of the inside of the coop. The picture I showed you was right when I went in to start scooping that day and she came right up close but when I am done scooping, the coop is immaculate. No moisture

Attachments

• HCB7N3+pT0OcIrt6O66p9g.jpg
    HCB7N3+pT0OcIrt6O66p9g.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 9Ds%3EsIRl2XmAcKQTvimg.jpg
    9Ds%3EsIRl2XmAcKQTvimg.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 5
  • WvS8fmL8Q%O8vDk3MPK8MA.jpg
    WvS8fmL8Q%O8vDk3MPK8MA.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 5
sorry I just posted a bunch more pix meaning to reply to you but it ended up being a comment on my own post. Maybe you can see them if you look at the next comment on my post

Also I am not sure what that black spot is in the middle of her comb. That appeared one day last week when it wasn't cold and I thought at first she just got something stuck on there like a piece of blueberry skin or something but it is still there. Not sure if she got pecked by one of her sisters or if that is something to also worry about.

Also I am not sure what that black spot is in the middle of her comb. That appeared one day last week when it wasn't cold and I thought at first she just got something stuck on there like a piece of blueberry skin or something but it is still there. Not sure if she got pecked by one of her sisters or if that is something to also worry about.

Photos of comb?
How much ventilation in the coop?

Back
Top Bottom