Chart for Polish color crosses???

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by KYFarmGirl94, Jul 5, 2011.

1. KYFarmGirl94

KYFarmGirl94 Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2011
    Does anyone have or know where I can find a simple chart that tells what percentages you get when crossing colors for the Polish breed? My daughter wants to raise Polish and she is really interested in the color genetics, but it is all strange to me! [​IMG] I am hoping that a SIMPLE chart will help us both out!!

2. Chicks4MyFamily

Chicks4MyFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Valley City, OH
    I am looking for the same thing! I didn't receive any responses

3. chickendales

chickendales Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    what color polish do u want to breed

4. Albanydog

Albanydog Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2009
    Central Oregon Coast
    Send the chart to Ideal Poultry when you find it, not one of the Black crested white polish I ordered from them turned out to be black crested whites, they obviously have no clue what to breed to what to get the color they say they are selling!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. KYFarmGirl94

KYFarmGirl94 Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2011
    There really isn't a specific color we are wanting to breed for (at least not that I know of! [​IMG] ) But my daughter is very interested in what colors produce what colors and so forth. We both love the Tolbunt, but they are hard to find!

6. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:Read what they have to say about blue, black & splash. Besides, they are a hatchery, which has its place, but it's not for quality breeding.

7. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
  8. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Blue to Blue = 50% Blue, 25% Splash, 25% Black
    Splash to Blue = 50% Blue, 50% Splash
    Splash to Black = 100% Blue
    Splash to Splash = 100% Splash
    Blue to Black = 50% Blue, 50% Black
    Black to Black = 100% Black

Two doses (dun splash or khaki) breed true, so 100% dun splash or khaki.
    Dun Splash x Black will give (100%) Dark Brown Dun
    Dun Splash x Dark Brown Dun gives (50%) Dun Splash, (50%) Dark Brown Dun
    Dark Brown Dun x Dark Brown Dun gives (25%) Dun Splash, (50%) Dark Brown and (25%) Black
    Dark Brown Dun x Black gives (50%) Dark Brown Dun and (50%) Black

Cuckoo (B/B) + Cuckoo (B/B) = all cuckoo
    Black male + Cuckoo female = females black (non barring), males cuckoo (B/b) -carrying non-barring/black
    Cuckoo (B/B) male + Black female = all cuckoos, all males (B/b) -carrying non-barring/ black
    Cuckoo (B/b -carrying non-barring/black) male + Black female = of males: 50% Cuckoo [B/b -all carrying non-barring/black], 50% Black, of females: 50% Cuckoo, 50% Black
    Cuckoo (B/b -carrying non-barring/black) male + Cuckoo female = of males: 50% Cuckoo, (B/b -carrying non-barred/black, 50% pure Cuckoo (B/B), of females: 50% Cuckoo, 50% Black.

Chris

9. Chicks4MyFamily

Chicks4MyFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Valley City, OH
    Chris09 thank you so much for this "chicken for dummies" response this is exactly what I was looking for to help me with my small backyard flock!

10. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I don't know about genetics, but I would love to show you a crazy color I ended up with.....Anybody want to let me know what to call this color?

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by