Chart for Polish color crosses???

KYFarmGirl94

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 30, 2011
Does anyone have or know where I can find a simple chart that tells what percentages you get when crossing colors for the Polish breed? My daughter wants to raise Polish and she is really interested in the color genetics, but it is all strange to me!
tongue.png
I am hoping that a SIMPLE chart will help us both out!!

Blue to Blue = 50% Blue, 25% Splash, 25% Black
Splash to Blue = 50% Blue, 50% Splash
Splash to Black = 100% Blue
Splash to Splash = 100% Splash
Blue to Black = 50% Blue, 50% Black
Black to Black = 100% Black

Two doses (dun splash or khaki) breed true, so 100% dun splash or khaki.
Dun Splash x Black will give (100%) Dark Brown Dun
Dun Splash x Dark Brown Dun gives (50%) Dun Splash, (50%) Dark Brown Dun
Dark Brown Dun x Dark Brown Dun gives (25%) Dun Splash, (50%) Dark Brown and (25%) Black
Dark Brown Dun x Black gives (50%) Dark Brown Dun and (50%) Black

Cuckoo (B/B) + Cuckoo (B/B) = all cuckoo
Black male + Cuckoo female = females black (non barring), males cuckoo (B/b) -carrying non-barring/black
Cuckoo (B/B) male + Black female = all cuckoos, all males (B/b) -carrying non-barring/ black
Cuckoo (B/b -carrying non-barring/black) male + Black female = of males: 50% Cuckoo [B/b -all carrying non-barring/black], 50% Black, of females: 50% Cuckoo, 50% Black
Cuckoo (B/b -carrying non-barring/black) male + Cuckoo female = of males: 50% Cuckoo, (B/b -carrying non-barred/black, 50% pure Cuckoo (B/B), of females: 50% Cuckoo, 50% Black.

Chris

Blue to Blue = 50% Blue, 25% Splash, 25% Black
Splash to Blue = 50% Blue, 50% Splash
Splash to Black = 100% Blue
Splash to Splash = 100% Splash
Blue to Black = 50% Blue, 50% Black
Black to Black = 100% Black

Two doses (dun splash or khaki) breed true, so 100% dun splash or khaki.
Dun Splash x Black will give (100%) Dark Brown Dun
Dun Splash x Dark Brown Dun gives (50%) Dun Splash, (50%) Dark Brown Dun
Dark Brown Dun x Dark Brown Dun gives (25%) Dun Splash, (50%) Dark Brown and (25%) Black
Dark Brown Dun x Black gives (50%) Dark Brown Dun and (50%) Black

Cuckoo (B/B) + Cuckoo (B/B) = all cuckoo
Black male + Cuckoo female = females black (non barring), males cuckoo (B/b) -carrying non-barring/black
Cuckoo (B/B) male + Black female = all cuckoos, all males (B/b) -carrying non-barring/ black
Cuckoo (B/b -carrying non-barring/black) male + Black female = of males: 50% Cuckoo [B/b -all carrying non-barring/black], 50% Black, of females: 50% Cuckoo, 50% Black
Cuckoo (B/b -carrying non-barring/black) male + Cuckoo female = of males: 50% Cuckoo, (B/b -carrying non-barred/black, 50% pure Cuckoo (B/B), of females: 50% Cuckoo, 50% Black.

Chris
What about solid whit polish? Curious how that crosses? 😊

Send the chart to Ideal Poultry when you find it, not one of the Black crested white polish I ordered from them turned out to be black crested whites, they obviously have no clue what to breed to what to get the color they say they are selling!

44883_2011-03-20_002_2.jpg

44883_2011-03-20_005.jpg

There really isn't a specific color we are wanting to breed for (at least not that I know of!
wink.png
) But my daughter is very interested in what colors produce what colors and so forth. We both love the Tolbunt, but they are hard to find!

Back
Top Bottom