Legbar crosses

ReoChicks

In the Brooder
Oct 20, 2023
I love legbars and have crossed them over a few other heritage breeds and want to share the results (and would LOVE if others shared their results too). When i started crossing my legbar it was really hard to find images or what the babies might look like so i imagine there will be others out there wondering.
Ill try to remember to add more as i take photos for you.
This is a duclee x legbar
1000010958.jpg

This is a maran x legbar (left)
1000010952.jpg

This is a plymouth rock x legbar
1000010964.jpg

This is a brahma x legbar with (to the left) a second generation brahma x legbar! This i am very excited about, both the brahmas and legbars were or exceptional breeding.
1000010960.jpg

Please also share your own results with crossing heritage breeds with legbars. Fancy camera not required.

I love legbars and have crossed them over a few other heritage breeds and want to share the results (and would LOVE if others shared their results too). When i started crossing my legbar it was really hard to find images or what the babies might look like so i imagine there will be others out there wondering.
Ill try to remember to add more as i take photos for you.
This is a duclee x legbar
View attachment 3773687
This is a maran x legbar (left)
View attachment 3773691
This is a plymouth rock x legbar
View attachment 3773688
This is a brahma x legbar with (to the left) a second generation brahma x legbar! This i am very excited about, both the brahmas and legbars were or exceptional breeding.
View attachment 3773693
Please also share your own results with crossing heritage breeds with legbars. Fancy camera not required.
The Marans cross, is it a hen? I just hatched a bunch and they all have white spots. I didn’t get sex links because my roo was the one that was barred, so I’m curious what the Marans cross chicks looked like male vs female

Back
Top Bottom