Chat About ANYTHING With (Or Without) Me!

Do You Want To Chat?

• No. This is stupid

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Pics
Hullo! Welcome to BYC!

When posting new question, you go to the Forums (which is located at the top of the page). Then, you scroll through the list of topics and pick the one that fits your question best. Click on the category and type in a name fore your thread on the bar that says Thread Title. Proceed to writing your question, or anything else. This is Pictures & Stories of My Chickens, where you would share pics of your chickens.

This explains the point system. Thread 'BYC Trophies Points - Get A Trophy Easy Peasy!'

There are people that will swear up and down that they can sex eggs. It may work for some people, but it isn't scientifically proven.
Forum Welcome! Please Read These Items ☺

So I am pretty new here to backyardchickens and I’m not real computer or my case figuring out what does what On a site . I don’t even know if this is the place to write the question. Also if you want to start a new question but not under this particular thread where do you type your question or share something with everyone or just show off your chickens etc? I’m not real sure where to do that.
Here’s what I do:
First, click on the message bubbles at the top bar.
F1743048-2E71-4562-B1FD-A2CC8ED61A7C.jpeg

Once you’ve clicked on that, it should show you a list of forums. Click on the ‘post thread’ button at the top.
746C6482-A870-4A51-B8F6-E134B64D2D55.jpeg

It should then show you this, and then click on the appropriate forum.
1BF07D7D-E1C5-4220-B993-013437BD6945.jpeg

Once you’ve done that, it should have boxes for you to fill. Put in whatever you want the title to be, and whatever you want to say.
0F28D9C0-43F6-4A84-9A60-5631C51985F5.jpeg

Then, once you’re ready, hit ‘post thread’
BF9DA509-E24E-4DC1-B659-6439AC51A28F.jpeg

Then, your thread is available for people to reply to!
I also think there is more to this site than I know. Lol because I get these points for participating or having likes etc. lol so what do the points get you?
Trophies. If you have a PFM, (a paid account upgrade) then you can have a custom title (mine says ‘autistic lover of animals’ but otherwise it will change with the points you earn. Some that I can think of are ‘chirping’ ‘in the brooder’ ‘crowing’ ‘free ranging’ ‘enabler’ etc.
Is there a place that explains all of this or how to figure it out ?
If you follow this link, it should have different guides to help. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/announcements-feedback-site-issues-guides.3/?prefix_id=3
I sound dumb but this is a real issue for me and i absolutely love back yard chickens and would like to participate more if I knew how .
We’re all learning, and it can be tricky to figure this forum out!
This is not why I am commenting though., haha the question I wanted to bring up ( still need to know the above info ) is there is a lady on a particular chicken group that is in my local area that said she can sex the eggs. Yes not sex the chick but sex the egg and has not been wrong for a year. Many people bashing her then she has supporters but her answer when people ask how do you do this was look it up you can learn with research . She said she was hatching lots of chicks and was getting way to many Roos so she started investigating and came up with this true fire way to sex a egg. What’s your thoughts?
As for this, I believe that it’s completely false. Gender development doesn’t begin until after incubation has started.

My Hereford bottle baby from last year. Her mom was nuts, and wouldn’t take her so yeah. Her name is Baby 😋
8FE1B1F3-0508-46A2-967A-94241E03C992.jpeg

This is my speckle park mix cow, Lilly. she will probably have her second calf in the next couple of weeks.
68E9EEDF-3710-402F-8EDC-414A64E1D1B9.jpeg

And this is Licorice, she’s a mini cow who accidentally got pregnant from one of the big bulls, but she had baby Friday fine on her own.
D6866DB2-301F-43E9-99CC-3B8B1F4F53BF.jpeg
F8C0F0E4-C426-472D-9070-EB5B71EB6CD0.jpeg

This is the bull we think bred Licorice (on the left)
AD98E9C5-5FEE-4873-A97C-99138B174A28.jpeg

And her half sister, May who will be bred this summer
CE535E0F-10BF-4EDB-8DDB-065E3D4A44B2.jpeg

And a heifer calf born a few days ago who has an interesting colour and is curly like her mom.
9A078F4A-D583-4D9C-A946-136D98BED91A.jpeg

Here’s what I do:
First, click on the message bubbles at the top bar. View attachment 3122007
Once you’ve clicked on that, it should show you a list of forums. Click on the ‘post thread’ button at the top. View attachment 3122008
It should then show you this, and then click on the appropriate forum.
View attachment 3122010
Once you’ve done that, it should have boxes for you to fill. Put in whatever you want the title to be, and whatever you want to say. View attachment 3122012
Then, once you’re ready, hit ‘post thread’
View attachment 3122014
Then, your thread is available for people to reply to!

Trophies. If you have a PFM, (a paid account upgrade) then you can have a custom title (mine says ‘autistic lover of animals’ but otherwise it will change with the points you earn. Some that I can think of are ‘chirping’ ‘in the brooder’ ‘crowing’ ‘free ranging’ ‘enabler’ etc.

If you follow this link, it should have different guides to help. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/announcements-feedback-site-issues-guides.3/?prefix_id=3

We’re all learning, and it can be tricky to figure this forum out!

As for this, I believe that it’s completely false. Gender development doesn’t begin until after incubation has started.
🤩 wow wow wow … Thank you ! I love how you gave pictures of the area your talking about that is perfect! Thanks for the link and on the sexing the egg , I don’t think she is doing it before incubation . I think it’s during or close to the end I have no clue but she was showing her eggs were hatching and she had whatever up for discussion and said she knows the sex when they were only pipped . She swears there is a way and will not tell what it is. Lol thanks for the reply

Hullo! Welcome to BYC!

When posting new question, you go to the Forums (which is located at the top of the page). Then, you scroll through the list of topics and pick the one that fits your question best. Click on the category and type in a name fore your thread on the bar that says Thread Title. Proceed to writing your question, or anything else. This is Pictures & Stories of My Chickens, where you would share pics of your chickens.

This explains the point system. Thread 'BYC Trophies Points - Get A Trophy Easy Peasy!'

There are people that will swear up and down that they can sex eggs. It may work for some people, but it isn't scientifically proven.
Thank you , Thank you! This is a big help . Yea I have to figure out the trophies. Lol guess I need to pay and become a paid member .

It's not possible to sex eggs. If it were true, hatcheries wouldn't bother hatching out as many boys as they do.
This is what two people argued with her on the post. Her reply to that was they Would not use this method it takes way to long. 🤷‍♀️ She says do your research. So I guess Google here I come again . Lol

Back
Top Bottom