Chat About ANYTHING With (Or Without) Me!

Do You Want To Chat?

• No. This is stupid

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Pics
Has anyone made a channel for Chicken TV?
like videos for chickens to watch?
I know that they have cat tv, which mainly consists of mice, birds, and fish. They also have dog tv, nice relaxing music for dogs to listen to while the owners are away. I know from someone's post that some chickens will sit for hours watching sesame street. wouldn't it be nice if someone created videos specially for our fluffy friends? something like little beetles crawling around on the screen, or a rooster crowing (I bet many young hens would like that one!). it could be nice for many people to not have to search high and low on the interwebs for things like that. a lot of people have sick hens, who would love to watch something like that, or have house chickens, who wear diapers. those are the crowd who would like this. it could be fun for some computer tech-smart people here to create something like that.

Interesting name suggestions.
glad you like them! I put a few different styles of names, because some people like certain name catagories better than others. I tend to lean towards fabrics and flowers for my hen's names, but for roosters... well that's a whole different story.
I like rooster names that are either folklore (with that I mean king arthur and fairytales) or gods (like zeus or Jupiter). I also have a list of names for bad roosters.

glad you like them! I put a few different styles of names, because some people like certain name catagories better than others. I tend to lean towards fabrics and flowers for my hen's names, but for roosters... well that's a whole different story.
I like rooster names that are either folklore (with that I mean king arthur and fairytales) or gods (like zeus or Jupiter). I also have a list of names for bad roosters.
I usually name based on color, & personality of the bird.

I usually name based on color, & personality of the bird.
a few times I've named based on the color of the bird, but since i tend to have a few red, a few blue, etc. I will end up getting confused on who is who. nowadays, if I have a few chickens that all look alike (I once had 10 RIR that I did this method with) i'll take some different colors of paint and put it on their combs. Teal/green was Greta, and so on.

a few times I've named based on the color of the bird, but since i tend to have a few red, a few blue, etc. I will end up getting confused on who is who. nowadays, if I have a few chickens that all look alike (I once had 10 RIR that I did this method with) i'll take some different colors of paint and put it on their combs. Teal/green was Greta, and so on.
Figuring out, who, is who isn't that hard for me. There's usually features that makes the lookalike look different from the other.

Figuring out, who, is who isn't that hard for me. There's usually features that makes the lookalike look different from the other.
sometimes, but not always. i had 10 rhode island reds, and 2 I could tell from the rest. one was always in a super hard molt (by super hard i mean pretty much naked chicken), and the other had a floppy comb.

sometimes, but not always. i had 10 rhode island reds, and 2 I could tell from the rest. one was always in a super hard molt (by super hard i mean pretty much naked chicken), and the other had a floppy comb.
I've got lots of black chicks currently.

6 black downstairs in the brooder, & 4 outside growing out. All have differences that distinguish them.

The ones outside for example:

Fibro Easter Egger- Black Skin

Black Ameraucana - White Skin

Jeresy Giant - Single comb

Olive Egger - Pea comb, not bearded

I've got lots of black chicks currently.
nice mi
6 black downstairs in the brooder, & 4 outside growing out. All have differences that distinguish them.

The ones outside for example:

Fibro Easter Egger- Black Skin

Black Ameraucana - White Skin

Jeresy Giant - Single comb

Olive Egger - Pea comb, not bearded
ooh, that's a nice mix of breeds! I love the black chickens, though I only have 1 right now.

Thanks. The ones in the brooder are mostly Jeresy Giant mixes, an Orpington mix, & a mystery chick.

What breed is your black chicken?
I have some sort of bearded lady. she used to lay blue eggs. I've been trying to make an album for her in the gallery. she is 5 years old, so I have a feeling she won't be around for many more years.

Back
Top Bottom