Chat about food

Sorry for the gloomy post, you'll probably never ask again šŸ¤¦ seriously, I am well. I just went in for a routine colonoscopy with a new dr. She ordered all kinds tests and MRIs beforehand which irritated me because I am doing quite well with my Crohn's management. In 1 MRI they found a lesion on my ovary but my colon all looked good. Unfortunately, my scope showed a different picture. I do not have inflammation and my Crohn's is well managed. But I have a TON of polyps! She removed a few and they came back as precancerous. She had to go back and remove more today, 20, but still didn't get them all. Since there is no inflammation but so many polyps and my mom had colon cancer at age 44 (my age) she is thinking it is a genetic colon cancer and not IBD related.

In all, I am doing well. If I had not just "decided" to have a colonoscopy since it's been so long this would have been a much worse prognosis. But because I did, it will be just fine. For that, I am thankful šŸ’œ
:hugs Will they go back and remove the rest?

:hugs Will they go back and remove the rest?
Yep! It will all get taken care of. I am quite fortunate to be honest. My mom ended up with an ostomy bag. Hopefully we actually figure out why and have a good preventative plan moving forward.
We will wait on the pathology of the polyps removed today and continue on from there.

Thanks guysšŸ’œ but seriously, I have not heard the "cancer" word and she really didn't give me the impression anything progressed that far. I'm a little anxious but also very relieved we figured this out early enough to hopefully prevent any progression.

The worst part of yesterday was sleeping so soundly that I didn't hear the chaos in my yard.

Back
Top Bottom