Chat room for non religious poultry keepers! :D

Pics
Moved 6 butthead cockerels to a coop where they'll get slapped around, & learn manners before they meet their ends. One bit me, & one scratched me as I was snagging them up.

These guys are Hands Off, which I'm regretting, cuz I usually handle all my cockerels/roosters often, never have such issues.

Moved 6 butthead cockerels to a coop where they'll get slapped around, & learn manners before they meet their ends. One bit me, & one scratched me as I was snagging them up.

These guys are Hands Off, which I'm regretting, cuz I usually handle all my cockerels/roosters often, never have such issues.
Freezer camp?

Howdy, thought I'd stop by. Interesting chat here.

@MysteryChicken, I'm interested in seeing how your tallow turns out. I have a "grease can" in the fridge for any kind of grease, but it's just for collection/disposal. It's mostly hamburger and bacon grease. Definitely want to hear about canning chicken.

I, too, hope this thread continues. I'm still working out for myself the whole religious idea/question/belief thing. It saddens me when people cling to the "my way or the highway" type of response.

Howdy, thought I'd stop by. Interesting chat here.

@MysteryChicken, I'm interested in seeing how your tallow turns out. I have a "grease can" in the fridge for any kind of grease, but it's just for collection/disposal. It's mostly hamburger and bacon grease. Definitely want to hear about canning chicken.

I, too, hope this thread continues. I'm still working out for myself the whole religious idea/question/belief thing. It saddens me when people cling to the "my way or the highway" type of response.
The beef tallow is ready. I have more I can render, but I didn't want to spend all night doing so.
20230130_095142.jpg
Canning chicken is easy, just remove meat from bones of the birds after plucking, & put the meat in a large bowl, pot, or container for easy transport. Give the meat rinse if necessary. Jar up the meat in clean jars with your perfered spices, & pressure cook for 90mins.

I've canned hundreds of quarts of tomatoes over the years, and pressure canned lots of beans. Never done meat. I keep thinking I should can bone broth. Then it won't take up the space in the freezer. I really need to get my pressure canner checked/calibrated.

Back
Top Bottom