Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Pics
As a breeder (and seller) I will absolutely not allow anyone to my farm. I will show them pictures of the breeding stock and of the pens, etc. If they can't respect or understand the reasons for it then they're not worth my time in selling them birds. It's not about hiding anything at all. Rather, it's about protecting your investments; it's about biosecurity. Any given person can track disease onto your property via their clothing or shoes, even the tires on their cars.

When I became NPIP certified the state vet that came to my farm asked about my visitor policy. He stated it is so important for people to understand how risky it is to allow anyone off the street to come visit your chickens. A person can lose their NPIP status for improper biosecurity like that not to mention their whole flocks to sickness and disease. I chose to become NPIP certified so I can ship birds and eggs all over the country. Even if I hadn't, I still would adopt a strict no-visitor policy. I have too much invested in my birds to not.

I understand where you might think we have something to hide but many people don't, they just are very serious about health and biosecurity of their chickens.
thumbsup.gif
do you provide refrences of happy customers?

thumbsup.gif
do you provide refrences of happy customers?

Yes. I sell most of my eggs and chicks on auctions online and locally. Any time I ever post an auction or sale on FB I always get customers that post a comment stating how they had great hatch rates or healthy chicks, etc. Sites like Rare Breed Auctions, where I also sell, also allow buyers to post feedback on a seller. Aside from those sites I can always provide references for happy customers.

When selling online, trust me, if someone isn't happy with what they got be it clear eggs or unhealthy chicks, they will post it for the world to see.

ok I am going to add one thing to this whole bio security convo.. I am glad SOMEONE mentioned bio security as it was looking fairly unsecure ..for those who did mention bio security thank you..for those agrueing over whats right or wrong about it.......whatever do your thing and other ppl will do theres.......

Now I have asked before and I am trying to get info from someone who has experience with the birds and knows.. I am trying to find out which orpington color wise are the larger birds "generally" I know ppls lines can be different.. I am asking on a general basis.......

Now I have asked before and I am trying to get info from someone who has experience with the birds and knows.. I am trying to find out which orpington color wise are the larger birds "generally" I know ppls lines can be different.. I am asking on a general basis.......
English or American?

I don't think there is much difference, on average, between colors of Orpingtons... The difference is between American Orps and English Orps... English Orps are larger and fluffier than American Orps...

I thought I had answered this for you before but can't find it. There is no size difference between colors. The size difference comes in English vs. American Orpingtons. English are larger and fuller than American.

Quote: Because of the AI requirement. VA is one of the few states that require it. The AI testing requires lab tests on swabs from a number of birds in the flock. Also it has to be done every 6 months.

NPIP is once a year and is subsidized in most places that require it. Also shipper must get a permit from the state of VA to ship there.

Back
Top Bottom