Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Pics
Because of the AI requirement. VA is one of the few states that require it. The AI testing requires lab tests on swabs from a number of birds in the flock. Also it has to be done every 6 months.

NPIP is once a year and is subsidized in most places that require it. Also shipper must get a permit from the state of VA to ship there.

So if I became NPIP and I order chicks from an NPIP farm, would all the permits still have to be in place? Sorry for all the questions

Quote: You would think, but I have received many shipments of eggs, chicks and juvenile birds from NPIP sources and not once have I received any NPIP paperwork with them. I am getting some eggs from an NPIP source this coming week and she was actually surprised that I asked for the paperwork.

You would think, but I have received many shipments of eggs, chicks and juvenile birds from NPIP sources and not once have I received any NPIP paperwork with them. I am getting some eggs from an NPIP source this coming week and she was actually surprised that I asked for the paperwork.
Usually they just list their NPIP number so you can look it up.

I got a turkey egg!!!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

I got a turkey egg!!!!!!!!! :celebrate :weee :ya

Good for you. Lol! Congratulations. I myself don't do turkeys anymore. Had some when I was younger and I learned to despise those creatures, 'bout the dumbest bird I ever worked with.

ETA: this is only my opinion. I know there are folks that love these birds and like working with them. Just my experience.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom