Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Pics
How can I clean dirty eggs for shipping/hatching? We are getting alot of rain and my hens are tracking gunk into their nesting boxes. All of my eggs are gunky today. Its supposed to keep raining tonight.
Tomorrow mornings eggs will be shipping to my very first auction winner. I want to make a good impression. Thanks in advance

How can I clean dirty eggs for shipping/hatching? We are getting alot of rain and my hens are tracking gunk into their nesting boxes. All of my eggs are gunky today. Its supposed to keep raining tonight.
Tomorrow mornings eggs will be shipping to my very first auction winner. I want to make a good impression. Thanks in advance

Let them dry, then use a dry green scrubbie to gently brush off the mud... :)

I would suggest contacting the buyer and asking if slightly dirty eggs (due to the rain) are acceptable, and if they would prefer a delayed shipment of clean eggs. Most I suspect would be fine with them, but they know what to expect.

I would not send out really dirty eggs or any that have got in any way wet, even cleaning. They can go bad in the incubator and so require careful monitoring.

I find that LOTS of dry bedding and frequent retrieval keeps eggs cleaner when it s rainy.

I got my coop cleaned well. Added alot of new bedding just now. The chickens are locked up tight. Im going to just keep them cooped tomorrow morning until they lay enough eggs. I will start checking at daylight and then every hour.
Thanks guys

Muscovy have started laying!!!!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom