Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

I was thinking of trying to make a grid of foam board in the inner box, to give each egg it's own space.  If I can fit it all in!  I know the first box had a broken egg, the box had taken a hard hit.  Waiting to hear on the second box's lost egg. Trying to find and walk that line between too much packaging and not enough.  Seems eggs this size should be tough!  Then again having dropped a couple on my feet...  they don't bounce well.  They are heavy eggs, that's for sure!  Thx!!

I received pea fowl eggs wrapped in bubble wrap and placed inside of a thick cardboard tube with tape over both ends so it couldn't slip out.

Last edited:
The tops of my boxes have 2 layers of big bubble wrap, lots of shavings, and if there's room to squeeze them in, I fill in the remaining space with air pillows. If not enough room for air pillows, I use more big bubble wrap.
What size box do you use? I'm running into space issues trying to use priority large boxes, with medium inside. If I go with a bigger box, shipping goes up $10! Was $28.95 I think on the last batch, which was actually a couple less eggs than the first batch I crammed into a medium-in-large. Thought the extra padding would make it worth it, tho' maybe ALL of them would have been broken if I hadn't! Shavings I have in spades! Haven't cleaned coops yet!
smile.png

I had bantam eggs shipped to me with carpet pad lining the inside of the box, a couple layers. And some pieces in between the eggs. Eggs were bubble wrapped, of course, but that carpet pad worked really well for shock absorption. Best hatches I have gotten from shipped bantam eggs, and these were tiny. Looked weird, but worked great. Just a thought... :)

I see some more trading in my future. :D Better yet, why don't you just move next door to me? :plbb Quote:
Originally Posted by clousert /img/forum/go_quote.gif I received pea fowl eggs wrapped in bubble wrap and placed inside of a thick cardboard tube with tape over both ends so it couldn't slip out.
That's a GREAT idea. How about cutting these into short lengths? https://store.usps.com/store/browse/uspsProductDetailMultiSkuDropDown.jsp?categoryNavIds=shipping-supplies%3afree-shipping-supplies&categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=0&productId=P_O_1098M&categoryId=free-shipping-supplies
Lol. I don't have pea fowl. The egg was sent as an extra but quit just before lockdown. I was hoping though :) Maybe after the move I'll have to look into getting a few :D Would love blue pieds Those tube boxes are pretty flimsy cardboard. This tube was thicker and hard with no flexibility at all. At the hospital I work for the commercial toilet paper rolls for the large dispensers are the same, just larger diameter

Last edited:
Good luck. I have her wheaten Marans eggs ordered for May 11. Can hardly wait

I think I may have to get some more colors of Marans from her yet. Nope I Don't have a problem with chicken math! Wait.. I'm not even exactly positive How many chicks I'm getting this year. It's better if I don't know so when DH asks I can tell him I'm not exactly sure. Lol I know I'm terrible! :D

I think I may have to get some more colors of Marans from her yet. Nope I Don't have a problem with chicken math! Wait.. I'm not even exactly positive How many chicks I'm getting this year. It's better if I don't know so when DH asks I can tell him I'm not exactly sure. Lol I know I'm terrible! :D

She has had 100% hatch rates from her shipped eggs.

Back
Top Bottom