Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

She has had 100% hatch rates from her shipped eggs.

I hope that at least some of mine hatch. I can Not figure out how the PO managed to crack 2 of the eggs after the way they were packaged! The packing was Incredible but someone must have been having a bad day and took it out on my box. One egg looked like it got stabbed and the other had a long crack around it. Neither broke the membrane so I put a thin coating of elmers glue over the cracks and I'm crossing fingers that maybe they have a chance yet. I did manage to see what looked like the air cell on another of the eggs and it looked rock solid so I have no clue what happened! I think I'll stick them in my bator that I have some other damaged eggs in and won't turn them for a day or so.

Last edited:
Went to my local supermarket (Tesco) and got curious so went by the egg section, found some 'bluebell araucana eggs' that were practically white and tiny, nothing compared to my araucana! I then found one which said - 'Super Dark eggs - PureBred Maran' No s and the eggs weren't dark brown at all, I question how purebred they really are and the prices were extortionate!

Went to my local supermarket (Tesco) and got curious so went by the egg section, found some 'bluebell araucana eggs' that were practically white and tiny, nothing compared to my araucana! I then found one which said - 'Super Dark eggs - PureBred Maran' No s and the eggs weren't dark brown at all, I question how purebred they really are and the prices were extortionate!
i found the same thing at whole foods in michigan.....they had the super dark "marans" eggs but they were maybe one shade darker a typical brown eggs....some having speckles. i laughed and put them back. i have yet to see blue eggs anyplace around here or even at whole foods but i'm pretty sure it would be the same story as the ones you saw. Speaking of i have a small collection of tiny bantam blue eggs...from my bantam ameraucana

She has had 100% hatch rates from her shipped eggs.

Yes, some people have reported 100% hatch, but only a few have reported that. Most people have reported a good hatch, that is, good for shipped eggs, Occasionally someone reports a bad hatch.

Just needed to clarify that so people don't expect miracles from my eggs.
smile.png

Why I need chickadoodles turkey eggs.

Last summer my last Bourbon Red hen, "Harriet", fell in love with my uncle from Idaho. He had came to help put a new roof on my pole barn. She would come running when he got there in the morning, spend the day trying to look casual as she stalked him, and then admire his work after he left. When the barn roof was done, and he had gone home, she fell into a depression. A week later she disappeared without a trace. (There are *always* traces at my place) She may have packed up her belongings and gone after him. She was 8 years old and I miss her terribly! She was a riot in her own way and the barnyard isn't the same without some turkeys in it.

I've already told my uncle he can't come visit again so as not to break the hearts of any more of my hens.

Last summer my last Bourbon Red hen, "Harriet", fell in love with my uncle from Idaho. He had came to help put a new roof on my pole barn. She would come running when he got there in the morning, spend the day trying to look casual as she stalked him, and then admire his work after he left. When the barn roof was done, and he had gone home, she fell into a depression. A week later she disappeared without a trace. (There are *always* traces at my place) She may have packed up her belongings and gone after him. She was 8 years old and I miss her terribly! She was a riot in her own way and the barnyard isn't the same without some turkeys in it.

I've already told my uncle he can't come visit again so as not to break the hearts of any more of my hens.

th.gif
OK you win. I don't need them that bad
hugs.gif

Last edited:

hugs.gif

That's adorable and sad all at once. I agree heart breaking uncles need stay away from my girls lol.

I already have Serama eggs stacked. I cut up two bantam egg trays to fit a Brinsea, and I have both trays stacked in there. Look close and you can see eggs under the top tray. I have quail egg trays I'm going to do the same thing with.
Hmmm...I may have to try this! Where did you get the trays and what did you use to cut them? The plastic looks pretty thick.

Hmmm...I may have to try this! Where did you get the trays and what did you use to cut them? The plastic looks pretty thick.

I got the trays here: http://www.flemingoutdoors.com/egg-cartons-and-trays.html

I cut them with a small pruning saw. I have a heavy duty box cutter and tried using that, but it didn't cut that heavy plastic very easily at all. I was trying to figure out what else to use and decided to try the pruning saw. It worked really well.

Back
Top Bottom