Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Quote:
I'm always blown away when I see how creative some people are. I am a proud in the box worker bee. I used to wish I was more creative but I'm really not. I can follow instructions to the T and can follow through with tasks though. So basically what I'm saying is I'm totally stealing this idea! You're amazing and I have been wanting quail so so bad.

Both levels popping like popcorn. This will be my biggest Serama hatch EVER.

Here's how I did it:

I put a piece of rubber shelf liner across the bottom, the kind with holes. That keeps the chicks from falling in the wells. I put one layer of eggs on that.

Then I turned the regular Brinsea tray upside down and put the second layer of eggs across that.

I can see the chicks in the bottom layer, but I can't get my camera to capture the view through the little holes in the tray. But you can see the top layer in this pic.
is it just because they are so small you can hatch that way. I would think full size wouldn't fit that way? I am curious because you have me thinking..... my hubby don't like me thinking.....

I got 6 quail eggs today!
ya.gif

I checked them out, I have 4 boys and 6 girls. That's a good ratio for Coturnix.

I'm going to go ahead and set some of the eggs tomorrow (I'll squeeze them in somehow, but they're small, I'm sure I can find the space!).

I'm hoping to be able to butcher a bunch for Labor Day. We can have a cookout at my brother's place. I'll be the hit of the party when I bring a load of quail for the grill!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom