Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

I had a one legged game rooster named Derby. He would come in and sit with us if we were watching TV or shadow us in the yard. If I was riding around the property on my senior horse, ( who doesn't know she can still run (lol)) Derby was right with me in the saddle.

ETA he lived like four or five years this way. One day I found him beat half to death under the back porch. It was to late. He was a good boy.

Thats so cute! I want one like that again! A stray dog came in and killed mine. I think he was about 7 years old. He never went potty in the house! I would always be buisy and go in and out.Sometimes he would come in and out through a window that had a old stand for a swamp cooler.I still have a picture of him.I am not sure where.Do you have pics?

Cat, for 17 hens I would run four cocks. I run three on fifteen. Fertility seems great.

That sounds good. Maybe I'll go ahead with 5 to make sure.

I have tons of chicks from a few days old to about 4 weeks old - all hatched from the eggs laid by my 6 hens, And those original hens are only 14 weeks old! If I didn't have all the dates written down, I wouldn't believe it LOL.

Anyhoo, I'm going to have that cage filled with my 50 hens almost as fast as I get it finished.

I only had two roosters with about 40 hens.The fertility was still good.My sons friend incubated the eggs and had great hatches.Even with just two roosters my hens backs get naked from the roosters.How do you keep 1 roo to 5 hens and them not be naked?

Thank you!!!
smile.png
Love the fluffy cheek chicks! As far as peafowl...Mine seem to only be loud during breeding season, (summer). The rest of the time they serve as night guards because if they yell, something is wrong and I run out there. Of course, I have macaws and Guineas too, so maybe I'm deaf now..... We recently lost the best pet ever. A pea hen named Crombie. She followed us everywhere, would sit down beside us, wanted to be cuddled and have her head petted and cheeks scratched. We could even be trimming brush using chainsaws and a brush chipper and she was always right under foot ready to help. Just thought I'd share how special they can be. The peacocks can be too aggressive if raised too tame, but the peahens are incredible.
I lost my java peahen recently too due to neighbor's dog. She was my baby. I was devistated. Sister to the one you had I believe.

I'm will be traveling tomorrow 6/17/2015 from home down I-40 to Celina, Tennessee. Returning on Sunday 6/21/2015 same route. Anyone along this route need eggs picked and meet somewhere for delivery? Let me know.

Back
Top Bottom