Chattanooga, TN (surrounding areas) CHICKEN LOVERS

Stacy, thanks for having my son and I over to check out your setup. We learned a lot and it was a pleasure to meet you and Mike. Thanks again gal.......jim

Stacy, thanks for having my son and I over to check out your setup. We learned a lot and it was a pleasure to meet you and Mike. Thanks again gal.......jim
We were so glad you made it & sorry I got a little distracted -LOL. Holler at us anytime & when you get the coop/run ready, holler back and see if we have anything you want.

I have a thought.......
IF i bought some, say, cornish chicks, would anyone be willing to raise until the time to go to freezer camp?

Here is what I'm thinking: I pay for chicks/shipping - supply a bag of food - you raise them (what it takes like 8 weeks or so right?), do all the dirty deeds, supply me with nice clean, parted chicken meat AND you get HALF the bounty.

Not even sure, but, does this sound like a reasonable deal?

I really want to supply my own meat but I just can't do the deed.
roll.png

I've got remaining 9 LF Cochins, straight run & 2 weeks old this weekend - been selling them for $5.00ea. but if someone around here on this thread wants ALL of them I will let them go for $25.00.
3 apprear to be black
6 appear to be partridge

They came from the following breeders:
1 blue male & 1 buff male over either black, buff, partridge & white hens

Stacy, sometimes the Malone's up the road will let people have the remaining birds Konch foods does not take off. It is all the ones that cannot get caught up. I can ask and see if they have some if your interested. Some are ready to goto freezer camp, some just need a week of "topping out". We used to go collect them every 6 weeks. We stopped b/c we just did not have room in freezer camp anymore, then that tornado wiped out our power last year.... we just have not contacted them about getting more.

Stacy, sometimes the Malone's up the road will let people have the remaining birds Konch foods does not take off. It is all the ones that cannot get caught up. I can ask and see if they have some if your interested. Some are ready to goto freezer camp, some just need a week of "topping out". We used to go collect them every 6 weeks. We stopped b/c we just did not have room in freezer camp anymore, then that tornado wiped out our power last year.... we just have not contacted them about getting more.
That would be great BUT I jsut can't do the deed. I need someone that will/can. I know I'm a chicken @#$%, just can't do it, this is where the city girl rears back up in me - lol

I've got remaining 9 LF Cochins, straight run & 2 weeks old this weekend - been selling them for $5.00ea. but if someone around here on this thread wants ALL of them I will let them go for $25.00.
3 apprear to be black
6 appear to be partridge

They came from the following breeders:
1 blue male & 1 buff male over either black, buff, partridge & white hens
Okay price drop to $15.00 - these really need to go before i have my bantams hatch this weekend.
Please pass the word.

Another lockdown under way - due to hatch Fri. = 9 "very special" (lol- VERY VERY VERY high priced blk & blue LF cochins) & 23 bantam cochins.
Even though I've already hatched some 75 os so chicks since 2/24 I'm super stoked about this hatch. The LF are from a super duper breeder with some of the best quality breeders in the country (shipped from Oregon) & my little bantams are now all from my top quality breeders.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO eggcited to see what comes out.
jumpy.gif

I know for sure none of the LF will be sold off and these will be the first bantams I will keep all for some time.

Oh yeah, I've also got a broody bantam sitting on 8 eggs & hers should be due to hatch this week, I think
hmm.png
, kind of last track as to when exactly she went broody.
Plus, just had a LF go broody two days ago, so I placed 18 bantam eggs under her.

Those that know me, know that when I refer to bantam or LF, I am refering to COCHINS. For those that don't, I have laying hens of several different breeds but the only breeds I raise & concentrate on for hatching are Cochins large & small
love.gif

Anyone else expecting any new hatches any time soon?

Back
Top Bottom