Chattanooga, TN (surrounding areas) CHICKEN LOVERS

Just wanted to share:
I have eggs (12) getting ready to go into lockdown Friday & then I had a bantam cochin go broody Sunday, so she has 7 eggs under her.

I am soooooooooooo excited
wee.gif
because these will be my first chicks from my own girls (bantam & LF Cochins) & fertility has been 100%

I also ordered/received another incubator. I have a feeling I will be very busy this spring/summer.

but first I will be so excited to share pics this time next week - woooohooooo

Just wanted to share:
I have eggs (12) getting ready to go into lockdown Friday & then I had a bantam cochin go broody Sunday, so she has 7 eggs under her.

I am soooooooooooo excited
wee.gif
because these will be my first chicks from my own girls (bantam & LF Cochins) & fertility has been 100%

I also ordered/received another incubator. I have a feeling I will be very busy this spring/summer.

but first I will be so excited to share pics this time next week - woooohooooo
I diffently want to the the pics! Yes, we needed an area thread for Chattanooga and surrounding areas,
to all the newbies
welcome-byc.gif

NPIP Certification for Hamilton County, TN.

So, first I called TN Dept.of Ag. Nashville = 615-837-5103
After being transfered 4x's - finally got some one to take my info. and waited for a call back. Got a call back , but didn't catch the ladys name but the call back number was = 615-837-5241.

- here is what I found out:

Test birds over 4 months
$25.00 (not sure if this is based on number in flock. I currently have 30 over 4 months)
They will pass info. (name/phone number) on to a Dr. Dena Hayes (not sure about spelling). She will contact me to set up day/time.

So, if you are interested I would try the second number 615-837-5241.

I'll keep everyone updated of the process/details after I hear back from the Doc..

NPIP Certification for Hamilton County, TN.

So, first I called TN Dept.of Ag. Nashville = 615-837-5103
After being transfered 4x's - finally got some one to take my info. and waited for a call back. Got a call back , but didn't catch the ladys name but the call back number was = 615-837-5241.

- here is what I found out:

Test birds over 4 months
$25.00 (not sure if this is based on number in flock. I currently have 30 over 4 months)
They will pass info. (name/phone number) on to a Dr. Dena Hayes (not sure about spelling). She will contact me to set up day/time.

So, if you are interested I would try the second number 615-837-5241.

I'll keep everyone updated of the process/details after I hear back from the Doc..
Be sure to use your biosercuity on the Doctor when she comes out, I'll bet she's been to a lot of chicken coops! Next step shortly--NPIP cert.

Last edited:
Be sure to use your biosercuity on the Doctor when she comes out, I'll bet she's been to a lot of chicken coops! Next step shortly--NPIP cert.
Thank you, very good advice. I wonder if she brings tyvex suit & booty's. I mean you have a great point and she should know she could potentially spread something.

couple updates:

NPIP Cert. Dr. coming out Thursday - this should be fun - catching & testing some 35 birds.

Also, my eggs have or are hatching.
jumpy.gif
So far I have 5 bantam cochins & 4 standard cochins with one I still have hope will pip soon.
They are little beauties and so proud of my girls & boys.
Wll post pics later.

In the mean time, I have 42 more in incubator started yesterday and I have 6 under a broody bantam since last Sunday. Whew
ep.gif
I am going to be up to my eye balls in baby chicks.

Obviously, I am getting many fertile eggs, so If anyone wants some I have to sell - local pick-up only. Pass the word around and PM is interested.

i live just south of spencer, tn. i dont have nay chickens yet but hopefully real soon.
Welcome welcome - glad to have you. If you decide to get Cochins, bantam and/or LF(standard) let me know I am currently hatching and will have plenty in a few weeks.
big_smile.png

Let us know & share pics when you get your first. BEWARE - Chicken fever is VERY contagious & we love to share & be enablers!
hugs.gif

welcome-byc.gif
Welcome Steven - glad you found us and thank you for joining us.

Do you ever go to the Dalton show? I think the last one was the Saturday afternoon Thanksgiving this last year. I wanted to go but when the day came I was just too lazy and wanted to sit around - LOL
Thanks! Yes I usually go to Dalton. The Calhoun club had a show at Dalton Feb. 2 it had Largefowl also. Dalton will have another show I think the second weekend of March but it is Bantam only.

Thanks! Yes I usually go to Dalton. The Calhoun club had a show at Dalton Feb. 2 it had Largefowl also. Dalton will have another show I think the second weekend of March but it is Bantam only.
Oh, so tempting to want to go to the upcoming show BUT I know I'll see something I want and right now, not good for me. I currently have 10 chicks that hatched this last weekend, a broody hen sitting on 6 eggs, 42 in incubator started this last weekend and another 42 starting in incubator tonight.
So needless to say, I will be up to my eyeballs in baby chicks in a few weeks.
clap.gif
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom