Chatting about my rescues chicks!

Thank you guys for all the kind words!!!

Quick update;
I currently have three roosters so I’ll be keeping my special needs roo, despite the other two looking like they have nice genetics.
I simply couldn’t find him a home, so. My house it is.
1CDC99A8-104D-4985-A7CE-E17F6E23AF02.jpeg

I even got him a backpack…

Here’s an update on my Runt/Dwarf buff Orpington!
9D28A80E-B0DC-4565-B13A-D659006D06B1.jpeg

She’s still very small and her feathers are a little funky, but other than that she’s doing very well! I named her Baby. She runs up to me and demands scratches.

Fate has me rescuing silkie chicks-!
Our local Farm store gives me a call whenever they get in injured or dying chicks, or an accidental random chick.
I wish I could just open a little chicken rescue to take them all! They’re such precious little loves.

Meet my newest addition- she looks like a little chicky inmate with her cuffs 😭 Her name is Bean! I’ll try to get some better pictures. I didn’t want to handle them too much their first day. Her legs were so far out it she could barely waddle around.

View attachment 3072731
View attachment 3072732

I’m pretty sure this ones gonna be a roo. Tiny little itty bitty body and giant feet!
This one had slight splayed legs but I’m thinking they’ll correct themselves. It became very week after nearly drowning in the water. (It just keeps dunking its little beard in the water now) I was so stoked to be able to take this perfectly round and fluffy chick! Still need a name for him (and a girl name just incase)!!! 😭

View attachment 3072744

…. And of course they needed some friends…. 😅 The white one is Lily, and my little Blue will be Lotus!
View attachment 3072781

AND here is my final precious snuggle baby, Lilac!! She’s my sweet little splash. Another rescue! She came in with some Black Onyx chicks…just her by herself. She got trampled a lot and was super weak.

View attachment 3072793

I have owned chickens almost my whole life… and I have N E V E R felt so In love with little chicks before. They have my heart. (Well. Besides my duck.)

Actually, my aunt is about 2.5 hours away in a hospital, we went to visit her today and I’m sitting here constantly worrying about my chicks like a total nutcase. I’m such a hover mom. 😂

Thanks for joining me on my chicken adventures! I’ll be honest, with Covid and everything going on in life at the moment- I really don’t have much for a friend group anymore. So I’m a bit chatty… no problem though right? As long as we have our chickens things are fine! I’ll try to keep some updates on how the splints work!!
I have a Silkie rescue coop also!
"JERRYS KIDS"

Back
Top Bottom