Cheap but incomplete HHD/Triocottage 12-egg incubator

RogerChicken

Songster
Jul 10, 2021
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
So I managed to pick up one of those cheap 12-egg incubators (sold under lots of different brand names, or none at all) -- just like this one:

Digital-Egg-Incubator-Automatic-Intelligent-Egg-Incubators-Hatcher-Large-12-Eggs-Incubators-Fo...jpg

And I bought it for a song, which is great, but it's somewhat incomplete, which is not so great, but possibly not a big problem. It's easier to list the pieces I *do* have:

--The top part, with all the controls and heater and the brains of it all. I tested this out briefly and it seems to be in order -- I can set a temperature and it comes up to temp, and the alarms go off when it cools down. I haven't tested the accuracy of the thermometer yet. I also have the power cord. I'm not sure if the motor is turning very slowly or not.

-- The bottom tray, with the 5 channels where the water goes.

And that's it! I don't have that white grid tray that goes in the bottom, nor the egg tray or any of the dividers, nor even the little wheel-arm thingy that goes on the electric motor shaft.

I'm pretty sure I'll need some sort of bottom tray, just to keep the eggs out of the standing water.

Other than that bit, though, not entirely sure how best to proceed. I'm pretty sure I can cobble together a complete egg-turner out of bits and pieces, but maybe it's best to not bother with it and just turn them by hand anyway?

And if I go that far, maybe I should just remount the top section, which is the smart part that does all the work, onto something more like a cooler-cabinet incubator, and have more room for everything.

Anyway, just thinking out-loud and feeling pretty pleased I spent a lot less than $100 on this.

Here are easy to get items to complete what is missing.

lite panel..PNG

shel liner..PNG

I would just do the egg turning by hand,,, until you figure out different way.
There are ways to fashion a method where eggs roll about 180 degrees if complete incubater is raised on a side. Then after a duration of time,, raise the opposite side to roll eggs again in opposite direction. Pretty much a trial and see to get that to work as desired.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

Good thinking about that light panel -- thanks!

In other good news, over on Amazon I found "Triocottage-Specific Accessory Rotating Wheel That Drives Turner's Movement" and it does, in fact, fit perfectly in this HHD model, hurray! And the motor seems to be turning the wheel as expected.

Hygrometer is on the way...

Back
Top Bottom