Cheap home made waterer or feeder

This video was AWESOME! I'm going to run to Lowes now and do it before my DH gets home and tries to make something more complex.
wink.png
We have to go out & feed & water the chicks a few times a day and, as a mom of 3 who runs a home daycare, this running about in the backyard all the time when I have so many kids that aren't mine in my house isn't a great idea. Being able to fill these up and know that my girls are being fed and watered whether I'm able to be out there or not is a huge relief! THANK YOU!
frow.gif

These are the kind of waterers I am using at the moment (5 gallon bucket inside an oil pan), but I am in the process of making some nipple waterers. The thing that isn't mentioned is yes, it holds enough water to not have to water them everyday, but if you leave it a couple of days it will get absolutely FILTHY! My chickens like to stand on top of the bucket and poop into it. They will scratch grass and dirt near it that flies into it. Since these can't be raised off the ground (unless you find a way to glue the bucket into the pan?) all kinds of stuff ends up in them. I have to clean mine out every single day with my chickens for they will be drinking a poop mud slurry.
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom