Cheap idea for gates needed

luvzmybabz

Songster
12 Years
Oct 11, 2007
I am enlarging and dividing my goat pen, and needing the temporary chain link gate for another pen. I have seen someone cut a livestock panel and then use wire as a hinge but I think the goats would get through this and the perimeter of my property is not fenced. The fence is livestock panels and t posts. Cheap is perferable and something I can do would be great as Hubby works long hours.

I have 2 by 4s, livestock panels, and maybe some 1x6s could run to lowes if I have to, only have 2000 things to get done by Wednesday morning.

Well, I'm using a pallet topper with chicken wire stapled to it for my chicken gate, bungy cord hinge. I have a friend who is using a full size pallet roped to a post right now for the entry into where her calves and goats reside. Maybe that would work for you temporarily. You can pick up pallets free at many places just by asking nicely. Best wishes!

You can use the panels cut for gates, just be sure to over lap on the inside of the pen, and then you can use a double ended snap and a doubled hay string as a latch. I've used them that way for a temp solution, the but my perimeter is fenced. I used the 1"x5-6" panels.

Back
Top Bottom