Cheap Miracle Treatment For Mycoplasma

May 9, 2020
Tampa, Florida
disclaimer: this may not work for every single individual bird

(scroll to the bottom for the water recipe)
The mycoplasma in the flock has just spread to the turkeys. I made this water for them and it helped one of the larger ones within days. Her eye was swollen and crusted shut, then one day I loaded garlic into their water and her eye magically opened and had no bubbles or runny stuff afterwards. My smaller turkeys have fowl pox right now along with the mycoplasma, so it is not as effective on them. It is still helping with the healing process. Once a day, I will sit by the waterer and when they come over I'll grab them and put the water on (if their eye is swollen closed) and around their eyes. I'm pretty sure it does not burn because nobody has shown signs of irritation, but just to be safe, dont rub it INTO their eyes. I usually take a bit in my hand and sprinkle it over their head or/then I will get a few drops of it on my fingers and rub it on and around the effected eyes. You don't have to worry about their nose because they get that part on their own while drinking.

My younger chickens tend to get mad at me when I have to hold them and put water on their face, but it is helping. One of them has 2 eyes swollen and crusted shut, so I be sure to rub the water on her eyes and it allows her to see and open them a little bit. The disease really hits harder in the younger ones and I feel so bad for them. But the most I can do is keep up with them and help. With the younger chickens and turkeys, I help them find their food and water a few times a day to make sure they are getting what they need. The ones I put the water on (without fowl pox) have no problem finding their food, however. The fowl pox ones are a whole different story, I practically have to babysit them

Water Recipe
•1 tablespoon of raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar "with mother" per gallon
•5 finely chopped garlic cloves per gallon
•Fill it up with water

We always end up having to fill the 5 gallon waterer once a day, then if it runs out, they go drink from their (plain water only) pool. There is always garlic left over in their waterer, so we just refill it with the water+ACV. We wash out the waterer every 3 days and add fresh garlic again.

I am unsure about the long term effects of this dosage of apple cider vinegar so I try to alternate the days I add it. It depends on how their health seems. Right now the pattern is ACV, ACV, water, repeat. But once they get a bit better, I will put ACV less often. It is good to put the recipe at least once a week for their health, even if they seem fine. It's a good boost for them. Good luck to those of you dealing with mycoplasma too!

Just for your information; MG never goes away. Your birds are carriers for life. They will spread the disease to new birds added to your flock. You must maintain a closed flock. No new birds in, no birds out. MG can be passed through eggs. No selling eggs or giving eggs away to be hatched.
Stress will cause symptoms to reappear as well.

The good news is that they will be immune to that particular strain of fowl pox once it passes through your flock.

disclaimer: this may not work for every single individual bird

(scroll to the bottom for the water recipe)
The mycoplasma in the flock has just spread to the turkeys. I made this water for them and it helped one of the larger ones within days. Her eye was swollen and crusted shut, then one day I loaded garlic into their water and her eye magically opened and had no bubbles or runny stuff afterwards. My smaller turkeys have fowl pox right now along with the mycoplasma, so it is not as effective on them. It is still helping with the healing process. Once a day, I will sit by the waterer and when they come over I'll grab them and put the water on (if their eye is swollen closed) and around their eyes. I'm pretty sure it does not burn because nobody has shown signs of irritation, but just to be safe, dont rub it INTO their eyes. I usually take a bit in my hand and sprinkle it over their head or/then I will get a few drops of it on my fingers and rub it on and around the effected eyes. You don't have to worry about their nose because they get that part on their own while drinking.

My younger chickens tend to get mad at me when I have to hold them and put water on their face, but it is helping. One of them has 2 eyes swollen and crusted shut, so I be sure to rub the water on her eyes and it allows her to see and open them a little bit. The disease really hits harder in the younger ones and I feel so bad for them. But the most I can do is keep up with them and help. With the younger chickens and turkeys, I help them find their food and water a few times a day to make sure they are getting what they need. The ones I put the water on (without fowl pox) have no problem finding their food, however. The fowl pox ones are a whole different story, I practically have to babysit them

Water Recipe
•1 tablespoon of raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar "with mother" per gallon
•5 finely chopped garlic cloves per gallon
•Fill it up with water

We always end up having to fill the 5 gallon waterer once a day, then if it runs out, they go drink from their (plain water only) pool. There is always garlic left over in their waterer, so we just refill it with the water+ACV. We wash out the waterer every 3 days and add fresh garlic again.

I am unsure about the long term effects of this dosage of apple cider vinegar so I try to alternate the days I add it. It depends on how their health seems. Right now the pattern is ACV, ACV, water, repeat. But once they get a bit better, I will put ACV less often. It is good to put the recipe at least once a week for their health, even if they seem fine. It's a good boost for them. Good luck to those of you dealing with mycoplasma too!
thank you for sharing this! Its been very useful for me!

Just for your information; MG never goes away. Your birds are carriers for life. They will spread the disease to new birds added to your flock. You must maintain a closed flock. No new birds in, no birds out. MG can be passed through eggs. No selling eggs or giving eggs away to be hatched.
Stress will cause symptoms to reappear as well.

The good news is that they will be immune to that particular strain of fowl pox once it passes through your flock.
I know all of that already, as I've been told 100 times. I know there is no cure, which is why I called it a treatment. I was just trying to share this to help others going through the same thing with their flock....

Every one battles this.My honest belief is it stemmed from over crowding.Let a poultry truck from a industrial poultry house on the way to slaughter plant go by your place.Dust and feathers blowing I grant you you soon find out what it is.Treatment sanitary as you can conditions and culling you may sure enough continue raising fowl.You over crowd and or poor care .Bad weather comes .It's on like donkey kong.Cheers

Cave dwellers aka natives didn't have PHD or college.However they learned quickly.They would only dwell on soils with good run off.I construction my yards on a fairly good grade.Grounds that have standing water or frequently wet or damp areas I noticed fanciers had way more troubles than I.Cheers

Back
Top Bottom