Cheapest Egg Cartons?

WildWood5

In the Brooder
Jul 23, 2018
New England
I'm looking to sell a few dozen eggs per week, and have been searching for the cheapest (and blank) paper egg cartons to put my own label on. I found these on eggbox.com which figure out to .2785/per carton, plus has free shipping. Does anyone have any experience with these? Or do you know of any other company that sells blank paper cartons cheaper? Link below:

https://eggbox.com/product/guardian-blank-egg-cartons/

New cartons are "overhead". Generally a price tacked on to my eggs and passed on to the consumer for them to foot the bill. Raising the price off eggs in my already "flooded" market for fresh eggs letting my competitors take over with lower prices.

• OUR SOLUTION-
We reuse. Donated Styrofoam cartons.
Then we STERILIZE THEM.
  • HOW-
Take a spray bottle, fill it with 60% Listerine original mouthwash and 40% H2O.
Spray the reuse cartons with the solution and SUN DRY them. Ultraviolet light on top of the Listerine will remove any bacteria in the cartons.

Then we use our computer and print out a label that gets attached with adhesive to the top of the cartons with all of the necessary info required for the sell of eggs for human consumption.
Use must state-
NOT USDA INSPECTED
NOT GRADED

To make them legal for sales.

Ask your friends for clear egg cartons. You can take the paper out and make your own to fit inside as long as you leave the glueish stuff in. I use those and it doesn’t cost a cent-and the cartons get recycled!

This isn't helpful for finding egg cartons initially, but a lot of people offer discounts for customers that return the egg cartons in good, clean condition. So say you normally sell for $3.50, for a return customer who brings their last egg carton back you would charge $3. We don't sell a whole lot, but that's worked really well so far.

This is an older thread but people are probably still looking for a cheap cartons to use. Ask at your local Feed & Farm store and see if they can order them for you. Mine does and I get a sleeve of 150 for about $34. It ends up being about $0.25 a carton. They aren't labeled with a name but they're shipped in from Canada. No shipping cost for me I just picked them up at the store.

Back
Top Bottom