Check out my rumpless BLRW!

CarriBrown

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jan 21, 2007
Thousand Oaks, California
Poor Potpie... she's been going through this awful molt for months and months. Terrie sent her a saddle to cover up her nakedness, and just when she started growing her back feathers back, her tail fell out!
lol.png

chickens003-2.jpg

chickens004-3.jpg

Aw, that poor girlie. I have several orpie hens that look just like that too. They were even more pitiful when they looked liked porcupines. I'm so happy to see them filling back in with new plumage. Winter's coming..brrrr.

Jody

I have one unidentified breed bird that was practically bald when we got her. Her neck feathers are all back and some of the back ones, but the poor thing has one very long and very large tail feather sticking straight up in the air. Just one.

Quote:
Awww... that's how Potpie looked for the past week, then she shead her last tail feather! At least she won't be naked for the winter (if winter ever comes! :mad: ).

Quote:
Awww... that's how Potpie looked for the past week, then she shead her last tail feather! At least she won't be naked for the winter (if winter ever comes! :mad: ).

I just wish the feathers would grow back so I can figure out what breed she is. Her eggs don't help - they are light brown.

Winter is here up here. 45 last night, and it's been about 75 here today. I love this weather.

Back
Top Bottom