Check out my rumpless BLRW!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CarriBrown, Oct 24, 2008.

1. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Poor Potpie... she's been going through this awful molt for months and months. Terrie sent her a saddle to cover up her nakedness, and just when she started growing her back feathers back, her tail fell out! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Oh, poor Potpie! She needs a cape, not a saddle, to cover her bare bum.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Pretty chicken! Now I have to wonder. Someone told me my roo was a poorly colored BLRW and he looks nothing like that. Back to the drawing board.

4. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    I had quite a few of them that looked like her lol!
    But it gets better. [​IMG]

5. CarriBrown

Quote:Her entire back was bare... the poor thing. She looks so much better now! I think she can live with no tail. She at least has her butt fluff. [​IMG]

6. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Aw, that poor girlie. I have several orpie hens that look just like that too. They were even more pitiful when they looked liked porcupines. I'm so happy to see them filling back in with new plumage. Winter's coming..brrrr.

Jody

7. debilorrah

I have one unidentified breed bird that was practically bald when we got her. Her neck feathers are all back and some of the back ones, but the poor thing has one very long and very large tail feather sticking straight up in the air. Just one.

8. CarriBrown

Quote:Awww... that's how Potpie looked for the past week, then she shead her last tail feather! At least she won't be naked for the winter (if winter ever comes! :mad: ).

9. debilorrah

Quote:Awww... that's how Potpie looked for the past week, then she shead her last tail feather! At least she won't be naked for the winter (if winter ever comes! :mad: ).

I just wish the feathers would grow back so I can figure out what breed she is. Her eggs don't help - they are light brown.

Winter is here up here. 45 last night, and it's been about 75 here today. I love this weather.

10. CarriBrown

Awww poor naked lady! I hope she grows her feathers back in time for winter. If not, you can knit her a sweater. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by